Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
harvey lee

Warming-LeSueur public landing

3 posts in this topic

I fished the Minnesota tonight and almost did not get my boat out of the landing.

The last 3 feet of the landing has a drop in the cement slabs. Between the slabs there are openings about 4 inches wide. I loaded my boat and started to pull out when the middle of the trailer frame caught in the open slot as the landing drops off so bad.

I had to back down a foot or so, let the boat back on the trailer so the majority of the weight was on the rear of the trailer and that raised the trailer up in the middle and the front.. Now, I found two big tree branches and filled the open slot on the ramp and pulled out.

I will not be going back to this landing as one could do some serious damage to their trailer frame. be very carefull if you have a heavier boat.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• The new ones don't stay in place very well either. I don't think you would want to put your weight on one either but they work for what they are. Now I kind of seem to remember seeing them at their shop, one the reasons they were redoing them was because enough air didn't go thru them too well.  I think a product right between these two designs would be perfect.Thanks for the reply, 
    • If this happens I will move to Canada but not for the healthcare, just the fishing. Any more bailouts and I riot, we all should, I don't care what they are for.
    • Nah, you and your glorious leader have already shown that you are intimidated by men in tights.
    • Well despite our so so play that last couple of weeks we are still doing pretty well. Really wish we could have closed out that game against Vancouver this road trip but its a long season and we will win/lose games that should have gone the other way many times. Wild are currently sitting 6th in the conference, we have the best goal differential in the west (+16) and 4 games in hand on the two teams behind us. Read somewhere our advanced stats are good too. Dubs is playing amazing, our D is alwasy solid. Scoring is still somewhat of a issue but we are sitting middle of the pack in the NHL so as long as the D holds we should be ok.
    • Those are the 1st gen covers. They done stay in place, at all. Definitely not child or dog proof. I bought the new honeycomb version at the show and they seem way better. 
    • Start one? Bahahahahahaha!
    • Well the teriyaki sticks are very good, I made them to Curlys recipe but with powdered milk (RH1) and more water to compensate. Then I made the pepper sticks but instead of water I used Grainbelt Nordeast, close to three bottles for a ten pound batch. I also added powdered milk, minced garlic from a jar and mustard seed.  What a great flavor! These mixes are proving to be tasty.    I'm smoking 3 loins of canadian bacon on Saturday.    Come on ice!
    • You guys need to start an HSO drama club..    
    • Just hold the bottom of the ducer to your ear with the unit on and if you hear it clicking it's good. If not it's junk.
    • Where did you get those heavy duty hole cover with the holes in them? I just checked their site and don't see them. I might have to stop over at their office today. 
  • Our Sponsors