• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lund Rumor

gunflint

just so you are all aware that yamaha and merc share the same components blocks lower units efi systems etc.. on many if not all models.

I hate to bring us back to the topic grin

But, this was true for a while, mostly the 90's and early to mid 00's, but after Merc hit yamaha up with a Anti-Dumping lawsuit their parternship ended pretty quickly.

Just about everything now is made by mercury with no sharing between Yamaha and Mercury.

marine_man

Wikipedia does the best job of describing it:

dumping is defined as the act of a manufacturer in one country exporting a product to another country at a price which is either below the price it charges in its home market or is below its costs of production

Basically they were selling their motors for a extremely low price to get market share from mercury.

marine_man

I thought I read somewhere that some of the mid-range mercs are made in China. Anyone know if that is true?
Mid range mercs are made right here in the USA and I believe the plant is in Wisconsin. I read a while back that merc has a new state of the art manufacturing plant in China. I don't know what size engines will be built there.

I have a '07 115 Opti and it was made in Wisconsin. I wouldn't have it any other way!

I have a 2007 115 4 stroke and wouldnt have it any other way!

I went to a Lund dealer with full intension of getting my new boat rigged with a Yamaha motor.... and I went back and forth about it cause I wasnt going to pay the difference to trade in a brand new Merc. and buy a Yamaha just to make that happen... So I figured the Merc. comes with a 3 year warranty and if its a turd I will deal with it in 3 years..... Now there is no way im getting rid of this motor!... Super quiet & better fuel economy than my dads 115 4 stroke Yamaha... I personally love the motor and I had a Yamaha for 7 years leading up to this motor....

See page 1. My sales guy said they were going to switch tactics next year and not come pre-rigged. Only as good as his word; nothing official out for news on this.

While it's silly to pay to change motor brands, the $250 it cost didn't seem like a deal breaker.

Mark you only pay for the curent motor to come off and the new one of your choice to be put on. Thing is you have to pay for old controls to come off and new ones to be put on. If a dealer shoots you anything even close to a grand I would walk.

Im guessing it should be under $400 and like others say more in the $200-300 range.

Shop around and tel the dealer the motor you want put on it and see what they quote you to switch. If you think its too much tel them and if they dont move on price walk away and shop elsewhere.

What are ya looking for?