• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

whats working now

bassNspear

Pre fishing for a tournament this coming weekend I found fish starting to use ? Best four went 14.5 Got out a second time and best four went about 11 fishing different water. Will give a detailed report after the tournament. 2 day T, 13th and 14th. Sauk lake. Anybody fish the Big Bass Bonanza on Mille Lacs, a friend fished it and said it got a little rough in the afternoon, a few speared waves, a few re-arranged storage compartments after the trip back to the launch site.

Yesterday, I caught my best fish on Mister Twister B-A-Hawgs. For me, it's rare that I throw a bait of such bulk, but I was fishing pockets up on a weed flat of a very stained lake. It seemed like the right bait to throw. But, we also caught fish well out into the lake on cranks.

I have been having success still throwing plastics. Tubes, berkley power pulse worms, and my favorite lure lately has been texas rigging a 10" red shad berkley power worm. But I like to bite off about 1-2 inches and use about a 8 1/2" berkley worm.

With all the techniques out there and the different kind of plastics, I believe many people over look the success of the plain old texas rigged worm.

Also been getting some on zoom horny toads.

Hester

This time of the year is so fun because a guy can pretty much do anything and catch at least some fish. I am not a dock fisherman by any means, but recently I hit a dock with my buddy and caught 2 5 pounders and 2 3 1/2 pounders (20" & 18"). Not to mention other dock where we caught nice fish. The deep crankbait bite is on at the same time, along with the c-rig.

On a side note, I went early goose hunting this weekend and we shot 51 geese with one band.

Took Bass n Spear with me and spent a good part of the day yesterday on Tonka. We found all of our fish in the shallows. Mostly around slop/pads and docks. Best areas were where docks had pads surrounding them. Those areas held the highest number of fish.

White frogs and watermelon wacky-rigged Comidas or Senkos worked the best.

1-4 foot of water seemed to be key. We fished some deeper spots but didn't get bit. Water temps in the mid 60's for the most part.

Took a little running before we found a pattern but the slop docks on the west shorelines kicked out the fish...

Also saw a couple muskies cruising in the shallows... one of which took a swipe at my spinnerbait but decided to bite the water instead wink

Should be a good couple of days with this warm weather. Those shallow spots should continue to pump out fish...

I spent yesterday afternoon and evening on a mid size to small lake around Annandale. Fought the wind most of the day, cauhgt a few bass, here and there action picked up once I switched over to a heavier jig. Bass seemed to be in 6-10ft although this lake has a very shall soreline so the fish are ussually out a ways.

Most fish were small did get on nice 18inch piggie. I thought I was going out for some fall fishing turned out to be a bit more like August! Had a nice topwater bite going as the wind settled in the evening. Really looking forward to some nice mellow fall days, wear a coat and pitching tubes to the big girls!

we fished a metro lake today, and get all our fish on the outside weedline on Jig Worms. Everything was 15 inches, which we didnt get anythign bigger then that. But the fish are still in the deep water. We did try to fish shallow for a few hrs, but didnt have much luck.

pretty close!!!

We were fishing a point. And i had a market out to i knew where the point was, and i was about 50 yards away from it moving towards the market. There was a malibu that came up, drove around it 3 times, knew that i was watching them, and was going to pick it up. Are you kidden me, thats just crazy.

I yelled at him to leave it i have a spot marked, and he didnt think it was mine. I looked at my buddy that was fishing with me, and we both were in AHHH