• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

River Smallies

JConrad

My son and I did a canoe float two days ago on the big river near Crow Wing State Park.... Below are three pic's of the larger bass that we caught... All three are 20+ inches...I weighed the first one on a small scale and it was 5 1/4 lbs... All three were probably around 5+ lbs. We also caught several in the 3 - 4 lb class... Really a great day!!!

Nice break from lake fishing and man these fish are awesome to catch in the river....

RiverSmallie29608.jpg

RiverSmallie39608.jpg

RiverSmallie9608.jpg

Crawdad color tubes and small yellow buzz baits.... When we would get a hit or catch a fish with a buzz bait we would slow down and fish the tubes in that same area. Worked really well. Caught good numbers of fish on both baits.

I wouldn't say they are rare on the Miss, I see tons of big bass on it. Especially this time of year. Nice fish and boy is that some of my favorite fishing ever. Grew up doing it on the Huron River in SE Michigan and need to get out doing it more in the Twin Cities

I wouldn't say they are rare on the Miss, I see tons of big bass on it. Especially this time of year. Nice fish and boy is that some of my favorite fishing ever. Grew up doing it on the Huron River in SE Michigan and need to get out doing it more in the Twin Cities

Big smallies............ yes.......... 20" plus???? Not many dude. On a board properly measured, you aren't gonna see that many, Now, realize I know there are going to see some, but, they are truly a low percentage of the population. This is a fact. Age and a rough life in the river tell us this for sure....

Either way, those were some nice fish guys, nice job!