• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Finch's and Bog's

It's been awhile since I've been down to the Sax-Zim Bog so this morning I headed down that way watching the scattered storms looming in the area....not alot in the way of wildlife for sure..covered 60 miles and saw 2 deer,1 grouse,a few hawks (none close)..a few cedar waxwings...and these goldfinches.....but still just nice to wrap up the weekend with a fun ride grin

Frame_P1050030-3copy.jpg

Frame_P1050028-1copy.jpg

Frame_P1050032-2copy.jpg

and the rains came(Owl Avenue)...

Frame_P1040991-1copy.jpg

Great light in that last one! I like the goldfinch shots, but for some reason, they are difficult to nail "right on". I've been trying all summer and have some decent ones, but nothing great. You're doing much better than I am!

Thanks all!...I really wasn't prepared this morning and forgot my window tripod for the digiscope...I had the "big one"(tripod) but I was to close to the birds to set it up!....sooooo!...I figured I'd "snap" a few images"handheld" with the digiscope out of the truck window using the release of course cry...."not something one shoud do!...but...hey!.why not? grin....at any rate....Out of maybe 20 images I lucked out and managed 2 "decent" images using the Nikon Digiscope(at about half zoom)...

Frame_DSCN3358-1copy.jpg

Frame_DSCN3356-1copy.jpg