• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2008 Waterfowl Photos!

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweet Pic grouse. Did the pup make the retrieves? It's a great looking dog.

He made three shorter retrives. I brought him out to the edge of the bog though with the boat and had him make them from there. After his first one he wanted to go right from the boat across the bog, but I was scared of him falling in one of the holes. The place I was hunting was 200 yards or so off the shore and there were pockets where he could have fallen into a hole and possibly ended up under the bog. I was probably just being over protective, but he is still young smile One was a diver though and was still somewhat alive and dived on him and he naturally used his front legs to pull him self up and circle and look for it! That was pretty cool to watch.

Lots of great photos guys! This one is from our opening day in North Dakota. Our group of 6 got 29 ducks and 10 geese on the slough we have. The picture is of my son and his first Pintail. He was pretty fired up for sure! Have a great season!

Mark

DSCN3051.jpg

Originally Posted By: Lubey
Are they any good eating?

I think spoony is better than teal. Pintail is the best tasting duck IMO.

here is an old photo I scanned....spoonies are pretty dumb also, like comparing a pitbull to a golden retreiver.

spoonies.jpg

the canvasback (to bad you can shoot them this year) followed buy the teal are hands down the best eating ducks imo and for the record book my deaf pitbull is twice as smart as any golden i have ever seen and will run circles around it as far as endurance goes

got these before work this morning and man were the mallards on the move nothing close enough to get a shot off but it was cool to see that many birds. I saw flocks rangeing from 4 to 50 birds and i'm guessing that I saw around 250-300 birds

100_1718.jpg