• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2008 Waterfowl Photos!

i thought i would start a new forum on 2008 waterfowl pics.

heres mine that i got today in savage pass shooting. me and my buddy went out this morning and shot these 3. we had a flock of 5 come in and got theses three. we shot them at about 9 this morning.

(picture is kinda blurry because i used my phone)

3geese.jpg

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hunted the last weekend of the WI early goose for my first goose hunt. Have hunted ducks for a few years now but never chased the honkers. Was slow, got out for only an hour or so saturday before the rain finally got to us.

Sunday we hunted a cut sweet corn field, in the rain again and saw quite a few flocks. Between he 3 of us we only shot 3 birds, but shot poorly on the few flocks we had come in, and should have had more. Managed one myself, which amazingly being my first goose and the only I shot that day, was a banded one. That made up for my poor shooting.

Kind of hard to see but I'm holding the banded leg up with my right hand.

goose.jpg

I posted this already but here is my new pups pics with the geese I got last Friday. DSCF1461.jpgFirst few came in honking then after about 9 they all were silent. Got one that landed in the dekes without even knowing he was there till I heard the splashdown. I got the last 3 out of silent group of three that wanted nothing more then to land in the dekes. They never left the dekes...lol My pup is 9 months old and is a great dog and a pleasure to have in the boat. Hope she is going to be pointing pheasants in a few weeks...crossing my fingers! Good Luck all!

here are a few more from the last two weekends

shot a limit myself, one sailed and dropped in the bean field 125 yds away...couldnt find it. probably banded too crazy

IMG_0415.jpg

IMG_0422.jpg

runnin' traffic before class...shot 9 and one was in the hay field that we picked up after the picture.

IMG_0433.jpg

Saturday morning hunt- 16 birds

IMG_0455.jpg

Sunday morning hunt- 5 man limit by 8:15. The birds finished nicely in our faces.

IMG_0461.jpg

My buddy's first time hunting and my first goose hunt ever - got a cheap goose call and a couple decoys and managed to call in a bunch! Lots of fun. Shot 4, should have limited out but he'd only shot a gun once before and I was rusty. Got him hooked though, and it was a barrel of fun!

076.jpg

It's a 20 ft trailer. it's not mine, so I can't take the credit. We have a bungi (sp) cord that we run the entire length of the trailer behind the heads of the decoys. It holds the heads agains the wall. We have all of our feeders in bags. This works great cuz we can pull the 4 wheeler and utility trailer up between the dekes.

Also, I will post pics of the outside of the trailer, not done yet, but it WILL look sweet!

Me and my 10 year old did pretty good for the first day of sunrise shooting. I work em in and jr lays waste with his 20 gauge!!!! Man its fun that way! Seen more ducks today than I ever have on opener around here (Iron Range)..Lots of shootin. Lost a few ducks today unfortunately....I think we need a dog.

d2-1.jpg

d5-1.jpg

cid_3A50B70B-B63F-437D-B6A5-25498D0.jpg