• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Weekend Reports

cjac

Not much here......fished two NE metro lakes yesterday. I think I had one lazy and deep follow on one lake, but it's pretty stained, so tough to say.

Fished as the weather changed, but no luck. Got passed by a guy at the launch at the dock in the pelting rain going to "drop someone off"........his driver to back his truck up! Then he got his boat stuck, nearly hit mine, then proceeded to take 10 minutes to load up. Pleasure boaters..... Got that off my chest, I feel better now.

Anyone with a better report than mine? I hope so!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been fishing a river, and have been seeing numbers of fish just can't seem to hook them. I had a real nice fish come completely out of the water as it hit my inline yesterday but didn't get hooks in it. Been seeing fish around shallow weed and wood cover using inlines and smaller topwaters. My friend lost one probably mid 40's that came out of about 1 foot of water. Water temps were right above or below 70 in the evenings.

Got out yesterday morning for a few hours with not much luck. Lake was really green in the morning from the bloom. sick Didn't move squat! Brother got back out that afternoon and the wind picked up and blew the green stuff around and created some clean water. Missed a high 40's boatside on an Ace Tandem. Going to hit it a couple of times this week.

I have a great report but I need to go to another topic to find anybody that might be interested.

I did get out casting for a couple hours on Saturday and moved a couple fish. One nice fish that was hot twice to the boat but I could not get her to go. I am kind of rusty on my musky moves with the walleyes biting so well.

Yes Sir,

If the 5 fish you caught in the 15 minutes we talked Friday were any indication, it was a very good weekend indeed!

Should have had me with..... I could have blown that fish 4 times to the boat the way my year is going....maybe five.

KT: Let me know your schedule this week, I'm sure we can find time to meet up and see if we can't turn the tides. I'm getting worried that you're going to grow a white tip on the end of your tail.....

Made it out to Alexander Saturday. We had 6 active fish after our baits without anything in the boat just fishing the evening for a few hours. One in the upper 40's shook off right at the boat. Another made a strike at my lure after about the 4th time around on a figure 8, how he missed I don't know. Such is muskie fishing. Saw Tim Anderson's rig out there, how'd you do Tim?

I fished two NE metro lakes this weekend, three outings in total. Moved 3 fish on Saturday prior to the weather moving in and boated 2 tiger muskies this evening between 5:30 and 7:30. Nothing big on size, the two tigers went 32" and 36" and were both caught on small weagles in the frog pattern. They were smaller but very healthy looking fish w/great colors. The three fish moved on Saturday were tough to tell on their size as they were lazy follows, I think one would have been in the lower 40's class. All three moved fish were moved on a burned JR double cow girl in gold w/orange blades. CJac, you wern't fishing on WBL saturday with that pleasure boater experience were you? I had my own experiences Saturday on WBL around the launch.

We fished the Frank Schnider here on Leech. Man, were there a lot of Muskies caught this weekend! 87 on fri, about 50 on Sat and another 50 Sun. We had high hopes after catching 5 last week but couldn't manage a legal fish durring the tournament. We lost 2 on Fri and caught a 30"er this morning. The winner boated 5 fish on Leech and just under 1/2 of the fish caught came out of Leech (for those of you that think that there aren't any Muskies left in the lake)

It should be another good week!

I was hoping to fish for ski's Saturday. The old man stayed back for my sisters soccer game, when we got to the cabin we realized we had all the keys we needed, except the one for the lock on the trailer coupler. My brother and I then improvised and put the paddle boat on top of the Trail Blazer and went to a small lake with crystal clear water. Didn't get to go after ski's but it was fun watching small pike rocket out of the weeds to hit an xrap (which has a better underwater walk-the-dog motion than I thought, never been able to watch it's motion any distance from the boat before).

Today it rained off and on so we finished the last of the work on the cabin. That leaves the fall primetime to just get out and fish.

So that's my info or lack-there-of. The muskie sticks should get their first use since June later this week.

I am suprised Leech was the hot lake. It did not seem like there were many boats out there. I fished musky for a couple hours on Saturday and I did not see many musky boats at all.

Thanks for the offer Chris. Time for some metro musky fishing.....that is until the smallies start going.

Sounds like the tournament was a hit. Nice work Twin Cities Musky Inc.

Up at five mile, we counted 22 boats when we went up there, 19 boats were casting and 3 boats were trolling up the middle of the crowd. eek

We found it pretty tough to get away from boats in the mornings, but later in the afternoons, the crowds thinned out a bit.

Leech seems to always kick out alot of fish for the tourney.

And your right, Twin Cities Muskies Inc did a really good job!

Fished the third shift on WB Friday night and a buddy got a nice 42" his first "real" musky so it was a lot of fun. I also messed up two boatside strikes - dumb rookie.

I decided to stay married and spent the rest of the weekend fixing the lawn and that type of stuff so I didn't get back out.

I fished Leech last weekend, 14 hours on Satuday and 5 hours on Sunday. We got one fish, 43", and 2 follows, plus a bunch of bonus pike, one a fiqure 8.

The Tournement traffic was crazy, all the usual spots were crowded, a couple times we got in line to fish spots and one time a guy jumped in front of us, I've never seen behavior like that from a muskie fisherman.

I fished the Frank Schnider too. Fishing was by no means easy...we worked hard for every fish we saw. The total for my boat was 15 follows, a few hook-ups, and I boated a 30"er....go figure. The other boat in our group saw 12 and lost a few. Saw some pretty big fish too. Took us forever to finally figure out a pattern after we threw every lure we owned. One of the strangest weekends for weather.....rain to blue bird skies, heavy jackets to t-shirts, flat calm to three foot rollers...lots of fun. Still, I had a blast fishing my first ever muskie tournament.

That being said, I agree with MuskieJunkie....the behavior of some people was unbelieveable. I don't think I've been cut-off so many times in my life. I realize it's a tournament but can't people still show a little bit of respect for other people fishing?

Amen to that! we got cut off a few time as well. One time two guys trolled by us then cut in front of us 100 yards or so then stopped trolling and started casting the same break we were coming up..I always hope thats when I hook up right behind them so I can give em a HA HA

Fish Fry,

Yep, that was on WBL.....I'm proud to say I did not utter one foul word!

Interesting lake: We're fishing, and some couple in a sailboat passes, they're using the kicker motor and not sailing......the lady starts yelling at me that sailboats can't go in that close, pointing to the south end of Manitau. She's all yelling about about "sailboats have the right of way!" I said "yes Ma'am, but right now you're under power and I am not. You are violating my right of way."

Can't wait for Fall!!!!

"sailboats have the right of way!" I said "yes Ma'am, but right now you're under power and I am not. You are violating my right of way."

Can't wait for Fall!!!!

And you wonder why I fish in the middle of the night!!! smile

Island Lake Friday night and saturday morning, 2 misses and a follow on wtd. Vermillion saturday night and sunday morning, 4 follows including a fat 50+. Minnetonka 2 boated 39" and 36" and a few more hits and blowups on Lowriders, including a 4 footer.

CJac

My fun was with 3 jet ski's right at the launch off the sandy beach area. It was just prior to the heavy rain that fell on Saturday and these 3 punks were tooling around in their jet ski's. Only one was a problem, but this tool was doing circles around people waiting in line to get to the landing. I'm sitting in my 16 foot lund and there are these two other guys in an old crestliner (12 footer I beleive) and this jerk is pulling circles and figure 8's around the two of us. He was all of 12 feet or so away from both boats, I didn't have your restraint and dropped a couple rants out. I should have konked him w/a pounder bull dawg but then, I guess that would put me in their category of crappy boater. Anyway, always potential for crazies out on the water.

You were about 5 minutes in front of us, as we also saw that 3rd jet ski pulling stunts. I run the black Lund/Yammy rig with the Red Rapala logos on the side, stop by and say "hi" if you see me!