• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Paper tuning Whisker Bisquit

GFNER

Made a last minute decision to throw a whisker bisquit on my bow this week-end and am having a terrible time tuning it. I've got terrible horizontal flutter and no matter how much I'm moving in my rest it's making no differance.Any help would be appreciated.I hate to have to take it in at this point of the year.

I would take the whisker biscuit off and get a new rest, that will solve your problem right there. Nap makes one like it, but it has room for clearance of the vanes. Whisker biscuits aren't the easiest to tune. or the most accurate.

Dont sell the Bicuit short. it has quite a few benifits the most being, your arrow will NEVER fall out while hunting. I can shoot mine, Quite accurate, at 50 yds.

What type of bow do you shoot?

better yet take a couple pictures of it in your hand from severale angles and someone here will tell you what needs to be fixed!

hp0808076.jpg

tilting the biscuit forward until it barely touches the top of you arrow can help too.

I would definately not recommend tilting the biscuit to touch the top of the arrow. It may be working for you but I'd be willing to bet it's covering up for another set up issue. The more things you have touching your arrow the more likely you are to have problems. We have set up hundreds of biscuits and never have problems when they are set up properly according to the manufacturers instructions.

whisker biscuits don't allow fletching to pass through, like most people think. they force the fletching to collapse in order to go through. thats why in time you will notice fletching starting to wrinkle and look all crumpled up. blazers are about the worst to shoot through a biscuit, as they are taller. feathers are easier to collapse and therefore work the best through a biscuit. as odd as it sounds, try shooting a fletchless arrow through a biscuit. it worked for a buddy of mine, until he upgraded his bow, then went fall away rest with blazers, the same i've got, and has worked the best for me.

I haven't had problems. Vanes are working for me, but there is some fletching wear as part of the tradeoff. I touch mine up and do some replacements.

You don't want the fit around the arrow shaft to be too tight. That could be a problem.

Also, remember that main vane must go to the top so it isn't going through the stiff black bristles. Watch how your screw in nocks and fletching lines up.

Hope this helps.