• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Picture Posting of harvested animals

Bigslugger, nice buck! What is up with the duct tape on his rear leg? Looks like the front leg is snapped too, must of took off and collided with something??? What is the hairless area on his body right where the rear quarter meets the torso too? Darn, that is one beat up swamp buck!

DOC

The duct tape and the bag was to hold the tag on while going down the road. The front leg is broken because I clipped him there on my first shot

The hairless patch is actually a strap

As a matter of fact he was a river/slough buck

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

awesome looking deer Carp! Great rack!

We've been chasing him for 3 yrs and he finally came out during a pretty decent snow fall. He dropped in a swamp took a couple hours to get him out of there. What a blast even though he shot him. I was glad to be part of the hunt.

Originally Posted By: uptracker
Ontario2008022.jpg

Nice dark and heavy rack their Uptracker. The hooves on it look like they belong to a clydesdale. Is that a UP buck and what is the weight on it?

Not a UP buck....I wish there were bucks like that to go around in MI. I'd have to spend a lifetime trying to shoot one like that here. I've pretty much given up on MI deer. I hunt out of State now, public land, DIY. That buck weighed 260 dressed. When you see them in the woods there, they look like a small horse.

Plan on making a trek to NE MN this year. I'll be taking canoes in 6 miles with three other guys.