• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bullpen

mike morris

AaaaaaaahHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! They did it again! What is with this team? They either win by 8 runs or lose by 2 or less. 9 LOB today. Bases loaded multiple times. Reyes and Guerrier couldn't get 1 guy out without each giving up 2 runs. This team is jinxed.

Another one bites the dust! Doesnt matter what are starter do our bullpen will blow it anyways! Heres my solution, let the bullpen throw the first two innings of the game so the offense still has time to get the lead back and we can have are starters come in and shut the door for the last seven innings like they have been!!!!!!!

I sure hope that all these middle relief failures are something that does not get forgotten in the offseason whether or not playoffs happen this year. Neshek will be back but who knows how he's going to be coming back. I sure wish Breslow would be given an opportunity to pitch in some key situations once in a while just to see if he can do it, because it seems that none of the other middle relievers can get outs when they are needed. I so hope that Crain and Guerrier are not with the team next year. (I know that Crain didn't get rocked today but think it was more or less an exception.)

It's easy to second guess management after a game, but have to wonder if Baker wouldn't have got pulled how the rest of the inning would have gone.

Where was "Everyday Eddie" in all of this? More like "Once in a While Eddie" these days. He hasn't pitched since Wednesday's loss in Toronto.

Oh yeah... never mind... Must be that 'short memory' we're all supposed to be using these days, eh Gardy?

from Wednesday's line:

Guardado (L, 3-4)

Batters faced: 2

IP H R ER BB SO HR ERA

0.0 2 1 1 0 0 0 4.35

Go Twinks!

Rather than say it again I'm going to quote myself from 8/5/08.

Quote:
I didn't think they'd miss Neschek that much. Funny how you can pull one piece out of a pretty solid bullpen & it messes up everyone (except Rock-Solid Joe). Instead of the 7th all the sudden Crain & Guerrier are pitching the 8th, & while they've been solid in their old roles, can't seem to handle their new roles.

I've said it before & I'll say it again: screw the power-hitting third baseman! Forget a veteran starter or shortstop. What this team really needs is a competent bridge to Nathan. There have been too many of these meltdowns in the past month or so & it's going to be tough to hold off the Sox if the Twins can't hold leads like they've done so well the past several years.

Side note: the Mariners practically gave away Arthur Rhodes. Why couldn't the Twins have snagged him?

Pier, I'd take anybody who's breathing right now. If I were Gardy I'd be trotting Humber, Korecky, heck maybe even Pridie out to the mound in search out outs. What's out there isn't working right now - it's imploding.

I'd take Rhodes in a heartbeat. And your description is awful close to Fast Eddie. smile

I tried to look on MLB to see how the Twins bullpen ranks compared to the rest of the league or baseball. Anybody have any ideas. I know we are bad, but there has to be some that are in worse shape then us and everybody is always moving relief pitchers around the league. All the contending teams are looking for relief pitchers and I think that is why Gardy threw Humber and the rest in the blow out in Toronto. The game was all but over, so try to see what they have. The one thing that most forget is Crain is also coming off an injury last year.

dude, put in "Bullpen 2008 ERA" into Goog*le & check the first link. It has the Twins at 18th out of 30 teams with a 4.08 bullpen ERA. Other AL contenders:

CHI #6

TB #5

BOS #10

LA #7

You might say that's the difference between MIN & the four teams listed...

That Mijares looked very good when he pitched tonight. I know it's only one inning, but he looked dang good. He was throwing a 93 mph fastball and his breaking pitch was awesome. Plus, he's left handed. Why they would even play Guardado is beyond me. All the throws is strait 85 mph fastballs, or should I say, meatballs. Lets hope this guy can continue to do good.

I'm a little nervous with all the bp pitching used in the double header. Hopefully we can get a little deeper with the starters in the next couple games because I know about who's turn it will be to be coming out of the bp.

I don't think they threw Crain or Matty G today. It's also why we saw all the other arms. I was hoping that Cuddy could have gotten a couple more ABs too...we need him ready down the stretch. Blackburn for 7 tomorrow, the Crain or Matty G and Nathan might not be need tomorrow either. Baltimore is out of pitchers too, so that should help some.