• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Couple environmentals - couple bifs

I went out yesterday without the shotgun. I took a neighbor lady hawk hunting. I'm sort of tutoring her in the fine art of nature photography. My photos from her backyard last winter, tempted her enough to buy an XTI and 70-300 IS USM lens. She's having a blast.

The birds were sure skittish yesterday. There was no stalking them. I believe it was due to the wind. When they can't hear much, I believe their sense of sight is relied on more heavily. The kingfishers were quite the challenge. They liked to check us out and tell us off, but they wouldn't land anywhere close.

2833270897_7d5672bbb3_o.jpg

2833282787_e9be38fc03_o.jpg

2833265567_a912d2bbcd_o.jpg

2833277519_9c992cc2e8_o.jpg

I really like those environmentals X. Kingfishers are very skittish all the time. I tried on a number of occasions when I lived in Duluth to get close to ones I would come across. Let's just say I still don't have any good kingfisher pictures. The closest I came is when I was sitting in a blind and one landed on top of the blind. Needless to say it's tough to get a shot when the bird is sitting on you.