• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Stratos 386XF

Killdeer

I think that boat will give you a good ride and a dry ride on big water. The price on the Stratos is attractive, as long as you realize it doesn't come with as many options and extras and finishing touches as some of the higher priced boats. I don't think you'll find another glass boat that style for the same price as the Stratos.

I know a guy that thought he was going to buy a 386, but by the time he added the extras to it that he wanted his price had shot up to be about the same as the other similiarly-equipped boats in that class. He ended up going with a Skeeter 1880, also a nice boat. If not for the extras and options, the Stratos would have been the lowest price of any of that style of boat.

Hope that helps, good luck and have fun shopping grin

I have to say I love my 386XF. I have not dealt with the warranty issues yet. I have an 06 with a Yammy 150 4-stroke. I use to have a Lund Fisherman and the ride difference is absolutely unbelievable. When I went glass I never realized it would be so drastically different and I run quite a bit of big water. The finish is not near the detail that you will find on a Ranger that is for sure. I was able to pick mine up for FAR less than the Ranger Reatta or the Skeeter, which are both very nice boats. For the price point I was looking for I am very satisfied with my 386XF.

killdeer-

I looked at the Stratos- I think they are fine rigs. I also found that once I added Items that are stock on other rigs, they were all around the same price. There are many reasons why and how we all deside on which rig we purchase I guess it comes down to money and value. I purchased a Skeeter 1880- Cheaper than Ranger, Lund, Alumacraft, Triton. But it wasn't the money (all though it helps) it was the value, ride, construction, and overall look. All I can add is to be patient and stead fast and you will get what you want. With all that being said I think that all the Manufacturers do a great job building their rigs.

Menomax