• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

My first real photo shoot!

A friend of mine from work has been wanting me take some pictures of his vintage Schwinn Super LeTour. I don't normally take pictures for others simply because what they want and what I like are completely different. I couldn't pass this up since I really enjoy cycling with this guy and these are the kind of pictures I really enjoy. Let me know what you think of them. Thanks

102741788.jpg

102741786.jpg

102741783.jpg

102741782.jpg

102741790.jpg

Good work, I like the last two the most. I'd also like to see a picture that says this bike still wants to fly. Maybe ridden by a guy in a wool jersey, mesh gloves and a soft cap without the water bottle in the cage and probably without the bag. It is nice to see a classic still out on the road.

I have to say I like them all. I can see what you are saying with the second image going with the grunge look. I think it works for that purpose, the right crowd will like it. My fav though is the last one. Love pics like that, take a second to reflect on the life of a bike in a hectic world.

Thanks Everyone! I know this site is typically nature images, but I appreciate the feedback on non-nature images that I post. A lot of what I shoot isn't nature related but there's no other place I'd rather post my stuff than on here.

Thanks again

Tom makes an excellent point on the "grunge" image. In the end, what matters in this type of shoot is not what other photographers think. If the client is pleased, that's what is important, and clients and photographers rarely see photographs the same way.

Mike, while nature images seem to dominate, the title of this board doesn't say anything about nature, so all pictures that fall within forum policy are completely welcome here. In fact, while not in any way discouraging posts of nature images, it would be great to get more and more non-nature images in here, so thanks for helping in that regard.

I'm with Ken, 3 and 5. Three IMHO would have been very strong if you would have used a reflector to bounce some light back to the right side of the rider. It would give you some seperation from the background. That would have still given you strong lighting on the left with just enough fill to give you seperation on the person and handlebars of the bike from the dark background.

Nice job with getting outside the box on the lighting.