Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Mr.FisherMan

public land

Perch is correct. Target and indiscriminate shooting is not allowed on most public land. I'm not sure about state forests, but it is definitely illegal on WMA's and WPA's, SNA's and state parks.

No indiscriminate (aka target) shooting in any MN state forest including Sand Dunes State Forest.

Mr.FisherMan I don't think there is any public land open to target shooting in MN. Maybe some tax-forfeited lands? I would suggest finding someone with private land who would let you practice on their land in exchange for you letting them shoot some of your clays. I would help ya out if you were on the west side of town and bow season wasn't a week away.

Good Luck!

Can not in Sand Dunes that range was shut down and is now a horse camp what a joke-my hometown in South Dakota has a nice public range complete with benches all free to use.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• I am all for folks finding and sharing a good deal. Just don't let it be a direct link to another forum. thanks
    • CM, what is Chi doing with Hossa?  If Parise can't go or only can give 75% why not shelf him like Chi did with Hossa and save that cap space.
    • Stealing this idea from the old "Meat Sales" thread, where people share info on great deals grocery stores are currently running. Since we're getting close to the hard water season, I thought we could create a thread where people can share any good deals on ice fishing gear or apparel. Anything goes, if you see a sale on ice fishing equipment and think others might be interested in it, let us know.
    • This is a common misconception with LTIR. I too, thought it meant we "saved" money until I read up on it recently. What LTIR actually allows is for a team to go OVER the cap during a player(s) on LTIR, but once they return, they have to get back under the cap. So, true, it would allow them to spend more, but over the long haul it wouldn't be something they could go out and get someone to fill in without haven't to do something when the LTIR players return.
    • Population is up in NW WI where I hunt public land for deer.  I see grouse every time I go to deer stands or scouting, which is much improved over even a couple years ago.  I just can't get one to stand still for a bow shot, they are very skittish over there.  
    • NW Wisconsin public land.  New scrapes started appearing mid last week.   A couple were freshly hit on Sunday when I was out.  None were very big.    Interestingly I did see a small 6pt buck in the open at lunch time while I was scouting spots, and based on the direction he was going he was working his way to a logging road that had a scrape and tracks on it.  
    • Only made it out for one day for resident opener this last weekend but we had a great hunt. Took the day off and got out yesterday and battled the heat. I almost chose to call it quits early but went slow and took our time but had to take lots of breaks in the field. It was 74 degrees out and if I found water the dog got dunked. Was pretty slow day didn't see a single bird or shoot my first bird until 3:30pm. Ended up shooting all 3 of my birds in the same WIA in the span of an hour. Dog pointed a group of 3 hens in the same spot and then another by itself. Went about 30 yards further and dog locked up. Flushed bird it was rooster and dropped it on the first shot. As I shot 2 other roosters got up in gun range. With just one shell left in my O/U I rushed a shot going for a double, doh. Focused on where downed bird went down and sure enough another rooster gets up in the same spot it went down. Rushed both shots thinking it was the same bird I already knocked down. doh x2 Fortunately dog was able to retrieve first bird so was nice to put one in the vest for our first bird of the year. Took a water break and regrouped as that was a lot of excitement in a short amount of time and dog was overheated. Sat there for about 20 mins and let dog catch his breath. Started working field again and we no more and got started and dog locks up. Flush bird and its a rooster and he only needed one shot before he folded. Retrieved to hand and continued on.   Continue working to end of the property and saw a few more hens and one other rooster that I didn't want to drop over the water and thick cattails. He didn't fly far and hoped to get him on the way back as we walked side we hadn't covered yet. Dog locked up again on the other side and I let the bird get out a ways. Dropped it on the first shot and figured we were done for the day as it folded hard. It ended up being a runner and took off straight for the mud and thick cattails. We tried to track it, found some feathers so thought we were right on it. But once the dog got buried deep in the thick stuff it was just too warm. No scent going through there and he was getting way too overheated so I called him off the track.  We did end up getting our 3rd bird of the day with another nice point and retrieve. Was a good day to be out despite the heat. I spend the rest of the day scouting out other areas to hunt. Put about 350 miles on the truck and other than that one walk didnt see anything else. Did shoot a couple coons though and found a great set of antlers.  Unfortunately I forgot to bring my gopro and only took a couple pics.
    • I have had good luck with the eagle claw inline reel and love the freespool option. I have 3 of them and they all work great.
    • A few scrapes in the woods, cameras show the big boys moving at night still but they are around. Another week and I will start light rattling. I am  saving my best spots for Halloween on, unless a camera shows big boy daylight activity.
    • Think I saw somewhere that is Parise missed 10 games he can go on LTIR, between him and Coyle out 8 weeks we should be fine with the cap. Way to take one for the team boys. 
  • Our Sponsors