• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ever hear a bear snort? Not a woof.

Boar

Last evening while baitng, with still no hit. As I approached the site, in front of me in the woods I heard a good size twig snap that caught my attention, as I was not in any hurry an just kinda nonchalauntly opening the crib an piddleing around fron my left rear flank I heard a sound I had only hear one other time in my life, it distincly sounded like a short pig snort, then I heard it again. The last time I heard that sound was when I arrowed my first bear, He came in on a burn an looked at the blob in the tree an sucked in air making the same sound I heard last night, If it was a deer it surley would have sounded off alot more alarms an crashed away. I was not ready to hunt so I filled the crib and coverd the bait an left, I'm hunting tonight regartdless of what the trial cam shows, what do you guys think? Boar

Perhaps it was a short pig? laugh

Or maybe a short pig who thinks that he's a bear? laugh

I just hope that if it's a bear he doesn't spook off, or turn nocturnal on you. You're overdue for a good bear.

Did you snort back at him? Your e-name is boar. grin

well what ever it was did'nt hit the bait, I think mabey Jack Link was filming a bit on messing boarsquatch. Later boarquatch. Cool, thats' my new handle, unless there is a boarsquatch out there I dont know about.

I have actually heard a bear snort. Maybe this one will come back.

Although, it's a commonly recognized fact that the African Black Mamba, when startled from it's nocturnal feeding pattern, will rear up to nearly five feet off the ground to engage it's enemy, and audibly snort like a pig, warning the challenger prior to the attack! shocked

If by chance, the next time you near your bait site, you hear this snort again, and you see a ten-foot long, sleek black snake, you should run very fast in the other direction. eek

If not, it might be a bear, or a pig, or perhaps a boarsquatch! A three-quarter mount boarsquatch would look cool on your basement wall! wink

Good luck buddy. Hang in there. You'll Get One!!!