• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New House wich window

Inthehollow

We did a major addition/renovation two years ago and used the Marvin Integrity crank out style windows. Very happy with the cranks and latches and they seem very tight in the winter. The one thing I don't care for is the screens. They are easy to take in/out, but don't seem to have a tight fit around the edges. We have them open a lot and little bugs (not mosquitos) seem to get through the edges. Good luck!

I second the Integrity's. I had them in my old house and I just installed them in our new house thats under construction. Excellent quality and energy efficient. I do prefer the screens in the Anderson Casement over the Marvin but there is more to look at than just the screens. We never had bugs get in but I've seen Anderson screens and they do fit tighter. I've been in the Integrity plant several times in Fargo and they do make a top quality window.

im a carpenter that works in a factory setting builing houses. ive been there 2 and a half years and we deal with marvin and integrity by marvin, and also thermotech, but will install whatever the homeowner wants. with over 100 houses that ive seen go through that plant 2 or 3 with thermotechs and the rest in one of the marvin lines.

my opinion: integrity is constructed a little cheaper than a regular marvin, but they seem to seal up be just as efficent. our "window guy" accually likes the integrity better he feels they are a better window. ME i would use em in a heart beat without thinking twice. good luck on your decision

my opinion: integrity is constructed a little cheaper than a regular marvin,

This is correct.

In all honesty, they are a good window, but not worth the money, IMO.

There are others that are better if you want to go high on the price tag.

The Integrity's are probably the most common window used right now for new construction. Take that as you like.

Their patio doors are top notch. Wish I was getting them for my house, but buying two doors, I saved over $1000 getting Thermotech patio doors. The only difference in quality is the way the door is attached. Integrity patio doors and screen have rollers on the top instead of the bottom. I have yet to see a patio door or window that is actually in the weather last more than 15 years. Andersen's are nice until the glue starts to separate from the cork board they call "wood" or whatever they call their new line of fake wood. My point is, nothing lasts in the weather, so IMO, don't spend a ton of money for a name, but also don't buy junk from big box stores.

I believe the question was Eagle or Integrity windows. I believe Eagle is now owned by Andersen. A person also needs to compare like materials, all wood, wood composite, vinyl, aluminum, etc. Both lines have different price points, compare and match the similar products. As far as construction goes after working for a company that built automated equipment used to assemble the windows and doors from the wood, silicone, glass. I can tell you that without a lable you would have a VERY difficult time telling which window is which. Same wood supplier in many cases, probably only 2 glass suppliers, and same sealants and fasteners.

We installed 3 Marvin Integrity windows in our house as replacements 1 1 /2 years ago, and are pretty happy with them. We had similar issues with the screen, but had to get a felt type of weather stipping to seal the screens completely as they were very loose.

We're currently looking at replacing a couple more windows, but none of the intergrity's fit our Rough Opening size, and I really don't want to do any siding or drywall work, and I can't afford the custom fit Marvin or Andersons.

Because of that I'm evaluating Simonton and Thermotech right now...

marine_man

Marine man, have you looked at the Infinity from Marvin, that is the niche they fill, replacement window and the are ultrex like the Integrity. Also Marvin has the new Clad Ultimate Replcement Casement insert window. Something else to look at.