• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

StrikeMaster Glide-Lite

Matt Johnson

This thing is pretty cool. Got the chance to see one yesterday and they are going to really give the mobile angler an uppperhand.

Here's just a few features of the Glide-Lite...

• Vertical rod holders molded into the base for quick access
  • Removable seat cover fits on standard 5 and 7 gallon buckets
  • Main compartment for flasher, underwater camera, and other gear
  • Rugged roto-molded body and skis stand up to freezing temperatures

I'm looking forward to using one come first ice...

Here's some more info on the glide-light, looks like it will be a great little thing for those days when you dont really need a shack. I think this is gonna shine at first and last ice. Another great product from a outstanding company.

"Glide-Lite

Sometimes a few poles, bucket and an auger are all you need. StrikeMaster's new Glide-Lite sled gathers your gear and transports it across the ice and snow with the pull of a rope."

glide_litesled.jpg

looks like they are gonna retail for around $79. You gonna have one or two of these for the Portable Mod GTG matt?

That looks sweeeeet!!! Thanks for sharing Matt & Bobb-o.

When I am hole hopping, it is aways a pain trying to haul a some rods, bait, flasher, etc. This looks exactly what I need.

I tried a "rod handler" for trying to carry my rods with me for easy access. Biggest problem was that the holes for the handles were too small for most of today's cork rod handles. Hopefully that will not be a problem for this product.

If you are looking for some wish list mods or accessories. Here are some of my thoughts:

(1) Holder for deadsticking/holding it horizontally. I like Otter's design with the bending arm.

(2) Light for night fishing (LED), possibly with a bending neck like Vexilars

(3) 12v lighter plug in - for running your GPS

(4) Place to stow 12v battery for items #2 & #3

(5) Drink holder (suppose you could use the front tray for that)

(6) Hyfax runner option

(7) Consider putting the rope on the rod side. That way it won't get in the way when fishing while sitting on the bucket facing the front. And less likely to get all iced up from the hole.

(8) optional flap/cover for the storage areas so doesn't get full of snow if snowing, or stuff bouncing out.

(9) I like Northlander's suggestion of having a way to secure the rods so they don't bounce out. Some combo's can be pretty spendy ... wouldn't want one walking off on you un-noticesd as you truck across the lake.

Can't wait to see this - it may just be at the top of my list for this season!

Yes, there will be some at the Portable Mod Get Together... and even maybe one or two that will be given away wink

The Glide-Lite is designed to be pulled by hand, so I don't think the issue of having rods flying all over is the main concern here... not going to hit a snow drift going 30mph smile

I just checked out Strikemaster's site to look for them and I didn't see them, but they've redesigned their site and it looks much better (not that it was bad before). Anyone know when they changed it? I hadn't looked at it for a few months before today.

Matt,

Glad to see you put this up on the site.. Got to use this last season for a few days on Mille Lacs. The thing is going to be the cats meow for those early ice trip for me and to some walk in lakes.. Very light and durable design, that pulls your gear easy, and gives you a place to sit as well. An easy mod to do to the Glide-Lite is to add two hangers onto the side to hold and secure your hand auger.

On the StrikeMaster HSOforum, look under On Line Store and under accessories.

Also, be sure to check out the new videos on the site as well.

Mat you know as well as I do things bounce out when pulling up and down hills as well as when on other bouncy places even when pulling by hand. Im not ripping this product by any means. I think its a great idea. But as with any other new product there is always room for some special touches. I would like to see our expensive rods held tight and like Jim said a side hanger or notches on top for a hand auger. It would suck to walk 1/2 mile or more to get to your spot only to find out your rods arent in the holder. I guess a guy could just use the holders once your at your spot and transport them in your usual rod bags.

Either way its a nice product that will surely fill a nitch.

Heck a 3 sided convertable wind block even sounds cool on that puppy.

Steve

The rods stayed put pretty good when pulling, but I hear ya on the long pulls and across snowy ice. I would rather keep the rods stored in the Revolution, carried on my back, and then pull em out and store em in the holders after I get to the spot.

I knew what you meant Steve, just playing around smile And besides, if we ever make it back to Winnie again together we'll need something to put the eelpout in when we transport it back to camp smilelaugh Those were to good 'ol year huh smile

Matt we would have needed a few of them things to haul all them pigs we got. Too bad them werent walleyes. shocked

We should do a Winnie or Vermillion event this year.

By the way I havent recieved any B-Day cards lately. grinwink

Quote:
By the way I havent recieved any B-Day cards lately. grinwink

LOL! smile Ben Franklin didn't know what was headed their way wink LOL... I totally forgot about that.

Ya Im sure we were the talk of the joint after we left. I wonder if I can get the survielence tapes and see how goofy we looked. crazy

An otter mini sled works for me, but if the Glide-lite had a fold-up wind shelter attached I would be more interested. Maybe a 90 degree cover (like 2 sides of a tall box) attached by a couple of hinges that would pop up ala the Biffy sail on Tom Hanks' raft on Castaway? WILLLLLSONNNNN!