Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dfv87

Nite Fishing Head lamp (cap light)

5 posts in this topic

Have you guys used the "black light" headlamps and how did they work? I have always used the LED white versions but I bought a Blak lite one this year just for S&G. Do they work better? without losing your night vision?

I would think that a Black Light would work good, especially when using mono line.

Let us know how it works. I wouldn't mind trying one as 75% of my summer fishing is during the dark hours.

If you use flourecent stren fishing line it will light up purple like rope. Makes for easy knot tying and easy to follow the line as you are fighting a fish.

I use Power Pro to troll cranks and it didn't work too well for me. I am not giving up on it, but it wasn't quite what I was hoping for.

black light works well. obviously doesn't illuminate an area like a white, but usually has enough light to do most everything in a boat or getting in or out of the woods. IMO, I think you'll like them.