• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Go Go

Scott K

Gomez couldn't carry Hunters jock. He shouldn't even be in the majors right now!

He may be overpaid by the Angels but at least he has a big league bat. Not to mention several gold gloves. What has Gomez done? Oh yeah! Nothing.

He has speed and a decent glove. Can't hit a pig in the butt with a scoop shovel though.

I do miss Hunter, but Gomez has got lots of potential. We'll see what happens in years to come when Gomez cools down and realizes he isn't the only outfielder out there. His hitting has gotten much better lately. Hopefully he can carry it into next season! As for Hunter, I hope he and the Angels go all the way this season.

Guess you haven't watched GoGo much this month eh?

GoGo is hitting .329 with 20 RBI's and 10 extra base hits.

Hunter is hitting .279 with 9 RBI's and 6 extra base hits.

Then there is the last 7 days in which GoGO is hitting .429 to Hunters .241

Not bad for someone making 1/20 of what Hunter is making!

Gomez couldn't carry Hunters jock. He shouldn't even be in the majors right now!

He may be overpaid by the Angels but at least he has a big league bat. Not to mention several gold gloves. What has Gomez done? Oh yeah! Nothing.

He has speed and a decent glove. Can't hit a pig in the butt with a scoop shovel though.

Torii Hunter is a .280 hitter with 107 strike outs and 21 hrs. that makes 16.5 million a year.

Torii is the highest paid player on the Angels

Torii Hunter

.279 21 78

Garrett Anderson

.293 15 84

Vladdy

.303 27 91

Teixeira

.308 33 121

Torii's numbers dont = his production

Overpaid

I didn't say he wasn't overpaid. I said what I said due to the comment about missing Hunter.

As far as pierbridges' comments. One month of production doesn't mean [PoorWordUsage]. He still has a huge hole in his swing and mentally he is a long way from being a consistent contributor. Hunter did it for a bunch of years here and Gomez hasn't done anything yet. We haven't even won the division and all of a sudden Gomez is the man in your opinion. Please! I'd rather have Hunter batting behind Morneau and in center field.

As far as over paid. Anybody who wins 15 games or has over 20 homers in a season gets overpaid the next year due to free agency and arbitration.

Not really a fan of Hunter either but he's on a completely different level than Gomez. Gomez may never get to that level so don't make stupid comparisons.

I'd rather have Hunter then Gomo myself.

I was responding to your comment.

Quote:
Can't hit a pig in the butt with a scoop shovel though.

Love em or hate your statement is totally incorrect, for this month anyway he's been awesome and clutch when we need him most!

I'll give him credit for this month. My comment was more based on the season as a whole.

The guy has amazing tools. Physically he reminds me of ARod. I hope the hitting coach can help him make better contact and teach him better plate discipline and habits. If he could hit 300 he'd be a scary addition to the team. Especially, with Span and Casilla doing well. He's still young so it's not like he doesn't have time to improve. It may be more about him maturing than anything. He has a lot of fire and is very excitable. Good for the clubhouse.

I didn't say he wasn't overpaid. I said what I said due to the comment about missing Hunter.

As far as pierbridges' comments. One month of production doesn't mean [PoorWordUsage]. He still has a huge hole in his swing and mentally he is a long way from being a consistent contributor. Hunter did it for a bunch of years here and Gomez hasn't done anything yet. We haven't even won the division and all of a sudden Gomez is the man in your opinion. Please! I'd rather have Hunter batting behind Morneau and in center field.

As far as over paid. Anybody who wins 15 games or has over 20 homers in a season gets overpaid the next year due to free agency and arbitration.

Not really a fan of Hunter either but he's on a completely different level than Gomez. Gomez may never get to that level so don't make stupid comparisons.

Gomez is 22 years old.

his 1st full season stats are

.261 7 59 .299 .364

.255 9 35 .309 .380 for Toriis first season (135 games) at 24 years old.

They are both above avg fielders.

But to say Torii is on another level than gomez isnt right.

Torii is not an all-star, hes an undisaplined hitter. I would say hes slightly above avg for an American leauge outfielder.

For torii to be on another level, he would have to be a 300 hitter 30 HR and 100+ rbi guy

I would much rather have Gomez on contract for the Twins for 6 years, then to have Hunter on contract for 6 years! Gomez's potential is huge, he IS a great asset to this team, he brings lots of excitement to the dugout, he makes some great plays, and his hitting isnt much worse then Hunters career averages. For being his first year, one can see he is a rookie, but the nice thing about rookies, they can and do learn! Gomez is only going to learn and improve in the next year or so, Hunter in a year or so, will be passed his prime, and will be slowing down some, and he will still be way over paid!