• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

importance of a dog blind

Fish&Fowl

I am looking at buying a ground blind for field hunting with my lab. I am wondering how many guys use and like them, as opposed to guys who don't. It seems that if nothing else, it gives the dog a place to go everytime where he can be out of the way and know to sit still when birds are close. Any thoughts?

If you get one, get the smallest one that your dog will fit into. This makes it easier to hide in the field.

I also put the blind about 20 yards behind the decoys. So the dog can see all of the action and see all of the falls.

I use the GHG one, not sure what its called. I have a Yellow lab that it is Very ivory in color and sticks out when in the field. The only thing I dont like about it is that it has an opening on both ends. sometimes his tail sticks out the one end and when birds are working it's wagging like crazy. If I had to do it again I would purchase the dog hut, It's lower and only has one in/out. On the other hand, I have hunted many times with dogs just laying next to the owners blind with no problems. My dog is so white I felt it would help.