• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

LOTW ice fishing outing

WinterHaven

Every February myself and some friends go up to LOTW to ice fish and stay out on the lake from Friday to Sunday in a permanent shack through Arnesen's Resort. I would like to get a bunch of us from this site to make it a get together and finally meet each other while having a great time ice fishing this February.

Is there anyone interested in doing this and just having a great time with some good people and some good ice fishing to boot? I have no problem putting this together and reserving some permanent shacks for us. Each shack sleeps 4 people and I know this is early notice but they fill these up pretty early so I have to reserve them in the next month or so.

This is such a great time and if you go with a group of people they will place the shacks within 100 yards of each other so everyone is still in walking distance from each other. There is great fish fry's while we are out there as well as a steak cook out on another night. If anyone would like to go on this outing please let me know so I can get a count of how many people.

I would be in! I agree, January would be better, the fish are a little more predictable and depending on conditions there may be a bit less snow on the lake to make navigating around a little easier. Fisky could probably shed a little more light on when the best time to fish that area is in the winter. I will typically fish south shore until mid Jan. then head north to the N.W. Angle/ Garden Island area. It's sounds like alot of fun to get everyone together for some fishing up here. It should be an official FM get together every year!