• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Good Fishing Pier in the NW Metro

Swill

Hey All,

I had to sell my boat last spring, and my son really wants to go fishing. Anyone know of any good lakes in the NW metro or up near Zimmerman, Elk River, Monticello Area for a good shore fishing spot?

Man I have to buy a boat again....ahhhhh

what were you looking at going after? I can give you a couple good spots on the mississippi in monticello for cats and smallies, are you can even get gills if you target them. I don't know if you want your son next to a river (age?) but the water is pretty low and slow this time of year. Theres a fishing pier at west bridge park. and at montissippi park. otherwise if you want to email me I can give you a couple more off the path places, I hate to see a child miss out on the fun of fishing. [email protected] Brad

Hey Swill, sorry to hear about the sale of your boat. Check the Open Seats forum in the metro section. I take people out all the time. My email can be found in there as well and there are a lot of others that take people out too. Sorry, not sure on the pears in that section, I know there was a decent one up on Chisago.

thanks for the replies. Never heard of open seat. My son is 6, and I think I am going to try that pier at west bridge park.

Can't wait for ice fishing, that is when I always get out a lot, and it will be easy to take my son.

Your favorite metro lake probably has a pier. Statewide Fishing Piers We're about to experience some of the better shallow water fishing of the year as temperatures drop. Take your son out to a pier and let him try hanging some bait under a bobber while you do some casting...lots of active aggressive fish and we're getting very close to the fall turnover. We've had a few of the right conditions (cool nights and windy days) so it may come quickly.

Good luck

Have you tried the pier, or shore fishing, at Big Lake? Or shore fishing on Lake Mitchell on the north side of Big Lake?

those two spots have a ton of fish to keep young ones interested, and yet there are some nice fish to be caught by "the big kids" as well!