Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pkwalleye

Really sad news... :(

30 posts in this topic

Today is my 45th birthday and my dog went to the vet.

And she has bone cancer.

She's only 6years old and we have to put her down in a few months.

If you ever see a guy and a 15year old with a golden retriever laying down in the boat that's us.

Really sad news to find...

PK

Sorry to hear man frown Always hard to lose, or know its coming soon your best friend.

Happy Birthday though!

Thanks.

Tommorrow she goes to the vet again too see forsure what she has.

There is a 5% chance she doesn't have bone cancer.

Hopefully she is in the 5%, I had to put my dog of only 3 years down in May and it was really hard.

We just had to put down our Golden Ret. a month ago due to cancer-he had it in his snout. He was only 7 so we feel your pain and we are very sorry to you and your family.

I feel for you and your family PK, the one thing to never forget though is that you will ALWAYS have those memories of you and your dog in the boat... cancer can never take that away! I wish you the best.

Dont forget to take pictures of your dog. Happy pictures I mean...

I have had a few different dogs now, and I cherish the photos that I have. They bring back the good memories. I have also lost dogs early. (hit by car) Only to find I have only one or two pics of that animal.

Sorry for you and your family. Hunt her hard this fall, make some good memories......

Sorry to hear this its allways hard to hear stuuf like this i myself put my dog down this year do to she got bone cancer and i still think about all the good times with that dog lots a picture to remind me of if not my bestfriend she was a close second.

Sorry to hear that PK. Our dog is 12 now with one eye and a bad back from being kicked by a horse. So far she's okay but the time is coming.

PK my heart is with you and your pooch... I've been down the road you're traveling, I'm praying you get to take the exit for the 5%.

Please let us know how things go... My thoughts are with your family. And as others have said.. take picts, they do help!

Today is my 45th birthday and my dog went to the vet.

And she has bone cancer.

She's only 6years old and we have to put her down in a few months.

If you ever see a guy and a 15year old with a golden retriever laying down in the boat that's us.

Really sad news to find...

PK

pkwalleye....I'm sorry to hear that news. Our family raised Goldens for many years when I was a growing up. They truely are a wonderful pet/friend/hunting companion to have.

I had to put down my English pointer 6 years ago. A part of me went with the dog and it was a very hard thing to do. It was the best for the dog as I could not deal with him suffering though.

The memories of the days afield with him still are cherished every fall.

Always tough news to hear for anyone. Hoping for the best here.

Dogs have that amazing capacity to give. The few dogs I've owned would instantly forgive you if you went away for a week, or kenneled them. They just wanted to get back to being part of your life. Since they really do become part of your family, it just makes it so hard.

I second the pictures idea. In fact when we go back and look at some of our home videos, we see some footage when our current dog was only 2-3 years old. She clearly had a ton of energy and that's fun to see as well!

That's always tough news to hear. I hope you get the good news that she's in the 5%. Spend a lot of time with her. Hope ta see ya on the river and keep us informed how your dogs doing.

PK, I'm very sorry to hear of your situation, Goldens are fantastic dogs. Until you've actually have had one you will never know what a great family dog they are. I've had three so I really do understand.

I pray It turns out for the best, HTB

Sorry to hear...Sad news indeed!

I had to put my dog down a few years ago due to cancer and it was by far the hardest thing I have ever had to do. My dog lost control of his rear legs because of a tumor or something pressing on his spine. I had him in for the exam and he was sedated for it...after the diagnosis was made, since he was already half under, I decided to have him put to sleep on the spot. I hate myself for it still to this day! I really wish I would have waited and looked at every other option before deciding to put him to sleep.

If I ever have to go through this again (I have 2 dogs now), I will spend what ever money is necessary to take care of the problem if possible...If it's not possible what so ever to fix, I'll do what has to be done.

I guess what I'm trying to tell you, is to make sure it's what you want to do before doing it...because there's no going back after the decision is made...I live with my decision every day, and I'll probably always regret it...My dog wasn't really in pain though, as far as we could tell. SO circumstances might be different.

I'll pray for you.

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. I had to part with my dog of 15 years a few months ago. One of the toughest things I've done....+1 for the photo's. I still pull mine out often to remember the good times.

Thanks guys!!

There is a 5% chance that it's just some sort of fungus and she can get a steriod shot for it and she'll be fine.

We find out from the biopciy forsure on what it is on thursday-friday.

I'll let you guys know what the resulsts are

Good luck to you and your pal! I too know the feeling of loosing a great dog. Just enjoy the time you have now.

well guys...

The dog isn't in that 5%

we found out today from the doc that she has bone cancer and there's no cure.

So...

we have to put her down in about 2-3months..

8(..

It has been said already, but I am sorry as well. As a police officer, I have had the unfortunate task of telling family members, on several occasions, that their child has been killed. I also have told family members that their dog has been run over. As a pet owner, honestly, I had just as hard of a time telling people about their dog. They truly are a part of one's family. I still dream of my two best pals from when I was a kid, it makes me really believe that we will meet again.

Sorry to hear that PK, that's sad news. Giver her lot of love and attention while you have time with her left. It's never easy to loose a pet, they truly are a big part of your family.