• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Gaborik

bucketmouth64

I heard on kfan (pa/dubay) that Gaborik is bored with the club and Coach Lemaire. It's known his relationship with the coach isn't the best. Signing him to a long term contract might not be happening. If it can't happen the club may have to trade him so they get something instead of losing him thru free agency. If he is that unhappy with Lemaire I wonder if he has told Risebrough this? Or maybe he's unhappy with both of them. I wonder how much truth there is as to why free agent players don't want to come here because of Lemaire's system. I think there is something to that, but players aren't willing to come out and say it. We lose Gabby and the franchise takes a big step backwards. Risebrough has to consider the coaching angle, but he is so set that the coach isn't the issue. If the club signs Gabby to a ridiculous offer then what impact will that have in the future in trying to sign others? They'll probably ask him to re-work his deal for the betterment of the team.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gabby is as good as gone. From what I read he is doing nothing in the negotiations he's leaving that up to his agent. I say by trade dead line if he isnt dealt to a team for something we will get nothing for him once the season is over.

Wouldnt break my heart if he wasn't on the team, always injured.

I have said for years that the reason we don't get the "big" FA signings here is because of Lemaire and his system. He and Risebrough could leave anytime IMO. His system is 90's and you can see how far it has gotten us and how "successfull" it has been in the post-season. Yeah, I know we won the division blah blah blah but that don't matter if you can't win in April, does it? Having said that, I am not a huge Gabby fan,either. He is not a good leader or team guy IMO and is NOT worth 9-10 million a year-I don't care what anybody says. Trade him EARLY in the season or we wind up getting nothing in return. As dumb as Risebrough is, I don't think he is dumb enough to sign Gabby to a ridiculous extension (Ihope..).

I think in the JL system you need to have the right players and I'm not sure if Gaborik is one of those players. If he is gone then if will be interesting to see where the find some scoring. I think Biff is right he relys solely on his speed to score.

I'm also questioning if the JL system isn't getting a bit outdated. I would say the two of the top teams in the regular season last year were Montreal and Detroit. Both of these teams put up a lot of offense and controled the puck.

Actually Montreal didn't score much at all compared to the top teams in the league.

I sure hope we sign Gabby you have to have a player like him around regardless if he's not physical enough for some!

I liken the JL system to Bill Musslemen's coaching style you take a bunch of players with minimal Talent and you play a TEAM system obviously tailored toward defense and you make them work their ARSE"S off instead of being spoiled like most athletes have been their entire lives. So what you get is a team that overachieves like both JL and Muss's teams did and have done!

So in my opinion what you get is a better team the drawbacks are some of the players may get disgruntled having to work hard and be accountable in the team first concept. This in turn hurts the players individual stats and future MONIES!

FYI:

Doug Risebrough thought he could sign Marian Gaborik before the regular season starts next Saturday. That's not going to happen, the Wild general manager said, and the next steps are uncertain. "We're going to have to wait and see for the next little bit," Risebrough said Saturday from Montreal, where the Wild were scheduled to play their final exhibition against the Canadiens. Gaborik, the franchise's top scorer and first draft pick, is scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent in July. While the sides appeared to make some progress early, negotiations have hit what Gaborik's agent, Ron Salcer, on Saturday called "an impasse," and there are no current plans to meet again. The "artificial timetable" of the Oct. 11 season opener against Boston, Risebrough said, came out of early talks. The Wild have acknowledged that if they can't sign Gaborik, they will be forced to explore his trade value. Risebrough declined to say whether that's currently being done, or when the team might finally feel a trade is inevitable.

His agent is known for getting Record or Historic Contracts!

He gone! I do wish we would sign him though I could care less if goes into the corner or not he has mad skills.

I do expect a monster year out of him IF he can stay healthy.

Risedork is in a no-win situation with Gabby. Trade him and all the kool-aid drinkers will riot. Don't trade trade him, and we get squat. Risedork: Trade him before he gets his annual groin injury or we get nothing for him! He don't want to play here, and as I have said before he is NOT worth what Ovechkin or Crosby are getting. They are leaders by example in all phases of the game. Gabby is anything but.

I agree with 8-ball. Gabby has speed and a quick shot but lacks play making abality in a crowd. Trade him for some one else the fans can fall in love with(t.vanek) and all will be good.

Oh yeah,

Down with J.L. Some players can't go to the doghouse, others can't come out. He said they didn't play like a team last year and I beleive he was right.

I read today that Gabby and his agent turned down a 10 year deal worth more than $80 million dollars.

See you later buddy.

If that's true, I'm with you Biff. See you later...