Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SteveD

Larry's Lost anchor

12 posts in this topic

Larry's Lost Anchor:

LarrysLostAnchor8-6-08.jpg

I've been meaning to post this picture for some time now. You had to be there to appreciate the Kodak moment. On the 6th of August Larry Haugh invited me out to the Minnesota River for a flathead trip. This was my first trip to the Minnesota River and Larry was a great guide.

We were running up the river and he was giving me the nickel tour and as we approached this creek mouth on the north side of the river, Larry casually mentioned that he lost an anchor there during high water. He was telling me how it got hung up on some drowned timber and he couldn't get it loose. He pointed out where he was anchored and how high the water was at the time. As we cruised by he said, my anchor should be right about there and he pointed a finger at the mud. Well, low and behold - there was the very tip of his anchor sticking out of the mud. He coasted the boat up onto the mud at the creek mouth, takes off his shoes, and slips and slides his way up to his anchor. He had a heck of a time digging it out of the mud but I managed to capture his moment of triumph as he hoists his prize anchor into the air.

If you ever get the chance to handle one of Larry's anchors bring along a back brace. Those things are killers. Hey Larry - I forgot to tell you at the time "Congratulations on getting your anchor back".

Funny stuff guys! grin

Good story Steve.... I'll put the video up that we took, that should be good for a laugh.... Larry diggin in the MUD.

And to think I packed my trunks and a towel "JUST IN CASE"

Hmmm... its tradition to strip to your boxers when you are rescuing a fishing item from the river. whistle

Hmmm... its tradition to strip to your boxers when you are rescuing a fishing item from the river. whistle

Larry's more of a thong guy shocked

Originally Posted By: hanson

Larry's more of a thong guy shocked

oh yeah?

and you know this why?

Lucky he's not Greek!whistlegrin

If you ever get the chance to handle one of Larry's anchors bring along a back brace. Those things are killers.

That's the truth, thing weighs a ton! Was sore the next day after fishin out of his boat last year. eek

I kinda thought larry lost his anchor a long time ago rofl.gif

I know of one other member that has stripped down to his skinnies to go "anchor diving"....a little digging in the older posts should provide evidence.

Nice recovery Larry.

It's funny what a guy will do for the things that mean the most to us.