• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Good night for HugoBox - pics added - added Gus pics too!

BoxMN

My brother went out last night on WBL and got two. A 42" and a 47", both between 2:30 and 3:30 am, on his beat up DCG. I will post pics for him when he gets them to me. Nice job! smile

42" at 2:50 am

resize800_erik42wbl20080904.jpg

42" release

resize800_erik42wbl20080904release.jpg

47" at 3:20 am

resize800_erik47wbl20080904.jpg

47" release

resize800_erik47wbl20080904release.jpg

He did a pretty good job of taking self portraits too!

Erik,

Nice looking fish!

Curious: Any observations in that 1/2 hour window? Anything change weather-wise? Or simply the right place at the right time?

It'll sound hokey and dumb, but we just lost our dad and about 5 minutes before the first fish I saw a shooting star and thought maybe the old guy was watching - maybe he helped a bit too. smile

I may just chalk it up to dumb luck!! As far as the weather, nothing major but I did notice a bank of clouds moving in AFTER I got the first one - they may have been there all along and I just didn't notice. I wish I was better at paying attention to that stuff. There were also a few very distant lightning flashes but nothing dangerous. It was also really weird that the water temp where the fish were was about 2.5 degrees warmer than the first couple spots where I had not action - I was surprised to see such a difference in temp in close proximity to each other. I found water as cold as 68.5 last night. These were also my first fish on the big 13 by Mayhem. I also missed two other fish ealier in the night. I was on a bad streak so I hope this will be the slump buster. I was also happy to have two safe releases both for me and the fish.

Quit being so humble... you've forgotten more things about WBL than anybody who knows that lake grin

Way to go on a multi-fish night... like CJAC said, you definitely put in whole lot of time on WBL... and Im fairly sure many of us will be expecting more pictures from you when the fall really arrives...

HugoBox even got me out tonight. But, of course, it was Gus this time who got the lucky lure... a 42-43" at about 12:30. I'll post picks later, it was a beauty nice and wide. This was his first musky on purpose, and biggest fish ever.

Erik had two strikes next to the boat but didn't hook them, and I went NADA, as usual smile

Here are pics of Gus' 42":

gus_42inch.jpg

And the release:

gus_42inch_release.jpg