• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

needing a 4th for Canada, '09

paul pachowicz

we are looking for a 4th guy for Canada fishing during the 1st week of June, 09. Our usual guy will not be able to make it this year. We fly out of Armstrong, Ontario. I travel from western South Dakota and meet up with 2 others in the Albert Lea area and drive from there. If interrested contact me, GRNKPR @AOL.COM. There are a few cans and can nots.

thanks for the replies, fellas. About the only "can not" is alcohol. Us 3 don't drink besides it takes up weight on the float plane. 100 pounds per person. Two of us smoke and one "dips". A guy should be in reasonable physical condition. The portage lake is a pretty easy 15 minute woodland trail walk but, we do fish pretty hard all day long. Two of us are in thier 50's, I'm in my mid 60's. We are on two lakes, Deardon & Lavoie. We eat really good so any diet restrictions could present a problem. Ya hafta be able to operate a outboard motor, 12 foot Lunds with 9.9HP Mercs. As far as costs are, the outfitter's fee last year was 1298.00, US. That includes modern cabin, boat/gas and float plane, either an Otter or a Beaver. Misc costs averaged 270.00 which was gas, food, gratuities, leeches, overnite stay before flight out morning. It's a 7 day stay. Meals along the way are pay as you go. Gas from south central Minn is split. It came out to about 100.00 each. So a guy can figure around 1600.00 not including your license which is 35.00, I think. Walleyes and Northerns are all that are in the lakes. 15- 20 pounders are not unusual. The web site where we go is "Northern outposts". We travel from New Richland, Minn thru Duluth and cross at Grand Portage. A 12 hour drive to Armstrong. Best to have a passport and no felonies, including stateside DWI's. I am not a commercial operator, just lookin for a 4th fisherman. my number is 605-393-0646 or 605 430 8513.

Hey Pac,

Thanks for the opportunity here, but Im out for the trip. The wife said no way on the money. Sorry sir. Hope you guys find a fourth. Have a good trip to Winnie too.

aw heck, Tony. I fully understand the $$$ thing. To be brutally honest I get "spenders remorse" about it sometime too. But, I've learned over my years to never count the money ya spend on vises or hobbies....LOL. Yes, I've really gettin hyped up about the Winnie trip. We are gonna change arrangements this year because the facilities at Dixon Lake have kinda gone down hill since it was sold off 2 years ago. So we are gonna stay at Wlliams Narrows which will save alotta time and mileage haulin the boat back and forth and loadin/unloadin everyday from Dixon to Winnie. Thanks for the call the other day. We had a nice conversation.

Pac