• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ice House help?!?!?!

icefisher4ever

ok so im only 16 and i would like to upgrade to a little bigger fish house. Right now i have just a one man portable and im also 6'3 and its a little fish house so it dont work out to well, so i am thinking of buliding a perm. but not very big a 4-holer to put on the river and also keep my portable, buit the only thing is budget. Is there anything out there that i could build that is somewhat cheap but also somewhat strong sterdy and reliable(somethign that will last longer than a year or so)

Any help would be great Thnx

First, check this link out: Building a House. You might like what you see and want to try it.

But, remember that wood, other supplies, and time can become very expensive. I know you are at an age where you don't have a ton of money, but consider buying a fish house used. Check out FM Used Fish Houses

I did a lot of fishing in the elements, graduated to a used junky canvas tent that smelled like a barn, bought another used blue house that is tough to move around with, then got a nice Otter , and finally I will eventually get to buying my old man's perm that he never uses and making some upgrades. It's all a bunch of steps. This year on some days I'll be wearing my fish house...that is another option you might explore ( Arctic Armor )

Good luck with whatever you decide. And don't forget to have fun doing it too!

Some of the portable options are nice and accomodate the taller guys well. Starting with the Yukon you can have a little more space for the two-man. Also look at the Otter Magnum Lodge or Fish Trap Voyager, both are larger fish houses. The Fish Trap X Series are very nice too... the X2 is plenty big for two big guys. Also the new Thermal-X from Fish Trap.

This year there will be a new line of portables from Clam... one of which is a 6x12 smile Keep an eye out for those, they might be the new ticket if you're looking for a larger, portable style house...