Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
KG243

coyote

11 posts in this topic

Who hunts coyotes this time of year? What methods do you use? Thanks for your help!

I have gone out before in the fall, never quite this early, but a friend of mine does (to keep the numbers down on his cousin's farm) and really relies on pup in distress at this time of the year. He actually has a lot of success in using that pup in distress at this time of the year. Brings in the pups and the parents as well

I called one in Saturday with the pup call. This got a pack of them yipping and howling and then a single started howling close by so I hit the lone howl call and he/she came right in. Not sure which sex because my 243 winchester short mag destroyed the back end at about 125 yards.

you called in 6? wow, sounds like your area has an extremely high population. Nice going........

This time of the year if you concentrate on calling in pups you will have a success rate. My avatar was the only adult we got

How is the fur??? I plan on trapping/ calling a few in the next week or so to get rid of the urge. Tried one call in the super wind one night while scouting for ducks, no luck.

The fur is light yet, the hide is real blue yet, It needs to get a little colder so they can keep their fur they are putting on.

Thanks saw one last night while working, looked decent, sure nice if didn't plan on raining for 3 more days.

I agree this rain is going putting a cramp on my calling plans. Well, on a postive side I can finish up my fur shed and finish working on my traps.

I am glad I have that done. Was in the process of drying some dirt, but thats going to have to wait to. Going to be lots of conibearin coons and watersets this year i think.