• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Clothing Storage Ideas

UMDSportsman

I have a couple ideas for clothing storage and was wondering if anybody has tried them, or heard of them before. I like to air out my clothes, but I have to store them also. I keep my clothing in rubbermaid containers and was thinking about putting a fridge/freezer pack of baking soda in there to absorb odor. I also had an idea of using activated carbon found in pet stores for filtering fish tank water in there for the same purpose. Has anybody tried these before?

I haven't tried using baking soda, but it sounds like it would work. What I like to do is throw a bunch of leaves/weeds/etc from where I'm hunting into the bottom of the rubbermade container I store my clothes in. They end up smelling just like the woods when I take them out and it seems to work well for me.

How big are the giant ziplock bags? Are they regular ziplock bags, or are they special ones for hunting clothes that they would have at a place like gander mtn? I have put them in cheap trash bags and tie them up.

The fish carbon was just something i thought of because people make such a big deal about it in the scent lock clothing.

I think I have the double extra large. I keep my camo in one, every type of clothing that goes under it in another as well as some towels, safety harnesses in another and boots in yet another. And they all sit in open rubbermaids. It's a good organized way of doing it and keeping them scent free for the most part.

I also just got a shower caddy like them college kids use (and I used to lol) when trekking back and forth to the showers. I keep all my scent eliminating products in it like my shampoo, soap, doedorant, homemade sk spray and laundry detergent. Makes it handy and easy to find.

I have put them in cheap trash bags and tie them up.

Most garbage bags have some kind of perfume/scent imbedded in them to hide garbage odors. I would not recommend using them.

I personally believe in smelling like nothing if I can. That is cover scent presents another scent but it does not eliminate the other one. And manmade scents smell just that to deer, manmade. So if I use anything, I like to use dirt and leaves from my hunting area, but that's really not necessary.

I use big pvc dry bags. The ones for camping. They are durable and take way less space that totes. Plus they are water proof. Also baking soda in an old sock works good. A little powder leaks out but just shake off your stuff and it is good to go.