• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Pendulum Bow Sight

mrklean

I have always hunted with a Pendulum sight i like it because i dont have to think about ranges or angles at all. What do you guys think of them? More accurate or just as as a fixed pin sight. I guess i just wanted to see others opinions, i dont even see them sold any place anymore.

I have used every type sight out there on the market and for me, I will continue to use a pendulum for hunting from a tree.

There are very few archers that use them and I have wondered for years why more don't. One cannot beat them for shooting from a elevated stand or tree.

I honestly haven't seen a difference when shooting from a tree. My dad had his work lift thing home one day and we raised it to the max-25-26ft and shot from 10-50yds, I hit right where I would have on the ground. The biggest thing is that you need to bend at the waist. It's when you drop your arm and don't bend you tend to shot high. I was always worried about that to. I have shot a couple deer each year the last few and all have been 20ft+ and within 25yds. I hit where i put it.

I almost picked one up last year but I hunt in a few swamps where I can't climb a tree so I like to be versitile as possible. Someone please correct me if I am wrong but they only work from an elevated position.

You are very wrong, when i pratice on the ground im still pretty dead on not sure how much more accurate i would be for like target shooting if i had a fixed, thats on thing i was wondering but you can shoot on flat ground just fine at least i do.

Thanks for the info. All pendulums I have seen only have one pin, do they make them with more pins? Granted you can shoot further with one pin these day but that would seem to limit your distance/accuracy while shooting from the ground.