Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mrklean

Pendulum Bow Sight

15 posts in this topic

I have always hunted with a Pendulum sight i like it because i dont have to think about ranges or angles at all. What do you guys think of them? More accurate or just as as a fixed pin sight. I guess i just wanted to see others opinions, i dont even see them sold any place anymore.

I have used every type sight out there on the market and for me, I will continue to use a pendulum for hunting from a tree.

There are very few archers that use them and I have wondered for years why more don't. One cannot beat them for shooting from a elevated stand or tree.

I honestly haven't seen a difference when shooting from a tree. My dad had his work lift thing home one day and we raised it to the max-25-26ft and shot from 10-50yds, I hit right where I would have on the ground. The biggest thing is that you need to bend at the waist. It's when you drop your arm and don't bend you tend to shot high. I was always worried about that to. I have shot a couple deer each year the last few and all have been 20ft+ and within 25yds. I hit where i put it.

Hunterlee, which one do you use? I wasnt sure if you used both and didnt see a difference, or a pendulum.

I almost picked one up last year but I hunt in a few swamps where I can't climb a tree so I like to be versitile as possible. Someone please correct me if I am wrong but they only work from an elevated position.

You are very wrong, when i pratice on the ground im still pretty dead on not sure how much more accurate i would be for like target shooting if i had a fixed, thats on thing i was wondering but you can shoot on flat ground just fine at least i do.

They work fine on the flat ground, it just doesn't swing down, it hangs exactly the way a fixed site would. Do you need one? absolutely not. Do I love mine & would I buy it again in a heart beat? Yes.

very well said thats how i feel, i bought a savage and dont think they even make them anymore

Thanks for the info. All pendulums I have seen only have one pin, do they make them with more pins? Granted you can shoot further with one pin these day but that would seem to limit your distance/accuracy while shooting from the ground.

I think beyond like 40-50 yards it get shakey but im not to sure, i never shoot beyond like 25 yards

Which brand of pendulum sight are you using and how do you sight it in? Do you have to shoot from an elevated position or can you sight it in on the ground?

I also use a savage what they say is sight it in at 20 and you should be good up to 40 yards.

Sorry it took so long to get back. But I use standard pins, and a whisker biscuit. I haven't needed to adjust anything when shooting from a tree, just bend at the waist and don't do anything different as you do on the ground.