• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Problem with new Ford Camshaft

I have an 04 ford f-150 and it needs a new camshaft. Ford said it does not have any. Anywhere in the USA.

It has to build one and was now back ordered another month.

My question is -- is there a problem with these so they run out -- is a recall down the road or do they just not stock parts anymore?

Also -- we can't get an after market -- what is up with that?

Any and all information first-hand or rumor would be great.

Thanks

Hitman

Hitman, a few questions for ya! I am assuming you have the new body style? What engine? Why is it bad? Who said it needed one? What was the truck doing?

To answer your question, no! I can honestly say that I have replaced 1 cam in the 3 valve 4.6, 5.4 engines, and thats because a follower fell out. I just orderd a new head, since it was under warranty and thats what ford recommends. That might be the problem why you cant find one, do to the fact that the head should be replaced as an assy.and not just the cam, being if the cam is bad, you would want new cam bearings, which are part of the head!

I am still intersested why it is being replaced!

Thanks Hitman! It isnt a comon concern, so that would be why the cam isnt available. I think if you searched for a complete head you will find many of them local, although I am sure they will cost a quite abit more as well!

I show cam price about $200, complete head $1100-1300, I would look used or wait for a cam to show up!