Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wallter

[b]Early Goose Water Hunters (What time?)[/b]

6 posts in this topic

What time do all of you early goose water hunters normally go out hunting? Do you normally have to hang out till they fly back later in the morning? I've never tried water for the early season but as of today still don't have permission on a field. So, I'm thinking water as a back up. Your thoughts please....

That's one thing I actually don't disclose publicly....the time I go out. grin (I hunt public water)

I will say this though, I'm no spring chicken anymore and with a family, I don't go out as early as I did in my bachelor days. eeksmirk

I have waited for birds to come back to water as late as 1:00 in the afternoon, but always get setup right away in the morning. They can come back anytime, esspecially when there is a lot of pressure.

if you think its early go earlier 500am is early so why not just go before you go to bed. then your thier and you dont have to wonder if your goin to get your spot. I hunt all public water and have watched the sun go down in my boat the night before. and I will prolly see it many more times to come.

with my experience, most of my actions have been is..I have seen geese come in around 8:30-10 am at most but have seen some come around noon-1 after picking up. So I would get out around when the day light comes and set up and sit patiently. Bring things to keep you busy, food, and etc.

Where I hunt I don't have anyone beating me to it. I let them fly off, usually 730-8 and then sneak in behind them. Seems alot come in right after we set up but those are mostly singles, and then the bigger groups come back a little later. About 930-11, sometimes as late as 12-1pm. We usually get out of there around noon, nice to have some that get back without getting shot. The hotter the day the earlier they come back. Today while dove hunting they were coming in around 10:30, but it was fairly cool.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• 9" gill, cpr'ed.  Not bad for a metro lake.
    • The Russians have released this photo of Trump in a Moscow hotel with a hooker.     I take it all back, fella's ..   You where right !        
    • I No problem with that either will do that I can get around 400" of ice per 4ah battery. Eat your cake!
    • Proving these investments sat on the table waiting for a business friendly environment.   Which obama administration has been anything but.. (friendly)  
    • Waiting for some of your mathematical calculations showing how the national debt won't be a problem, given the projected path of the debt and interest rates.    
    • New ABC / WaPo Poll Shows Drop In Trump Favorability Courtesy Of Aggressive "Oversamples" Jan 17, 2017 3:42 PM   In the month leading up to the election on November 8th, we repeatedly demonstrated how the mainstream media polls from the likes of ABC/Washington Post, CNN and Reuters repeatedly manipulated their poll samples to engineer their desired results, namely a large Hillary Clinton lead (see "New Podesta Email Exposes Playbook For Rigging Polls Through 'Oversamples'" and "ABC/Wapo Effectively Admit To Poll Tampering As Hillary's "Lead" Shrinks To 2-Points").  In fact, just 16 days prior to the election an ABC/Wapo poll showed a 12-point lead for Hillary, a result that obviously turned out to be embarrassingly wrong for the pollsters. But, proving they still got it, ABC/Washington Post and CNN are out with a pair of polls on Trump's favorability this morning that sport some of the most egregious "oversamples" we've seen.  The ABC/Wapo poll showed an 8-point sampling margin for Democrats with only 23% of the results taken from Republicans...   ...while the CNN poll showed a similar 8-point advantage for Democrats with only 24% of respondents identifying as Republicans.      
    • Commutes manning sentence - for providing wikileaks information.   Punishes the "russians" - for providing wikileaks information.   Maybe the lib-tards will wake up and smell the coffee.   See that they are being played like a violin...   https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?p0=263&iso=20170120T12&msg=Time left until Obama leaves office    
    • If you believe it is a moral consideration that is one thing.  You have your beliefs.     If you contend that it is a practical reason, then facts are required.   Totally different. I thought you were making a fact based practical point.  
    • You see the sharp tail grouse there I heard there is some but never seen them
  • Our Sponsors