• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

[b]Early Goose Water Hunters (What time?)[/b]

What time do all of you early goose water hunters normally go out hunting? Do you normally have to hang out till they fly back later in the morning? I've never tried water for the early season but as of today still don't have permission on a field. So, I'm thinking water as a back up. Your thoughts please....

That's one thing I actually don't disclose publicly....the time I go out. grin (I hunt public water)

I will say this though, I'm no spring chicken anymore and with a family, I don't go out as early as I did in my bachelor days. eeksmirk

if you think its early go earlier 500am is early so why not just go before you go to bed. then your thier and you dont have to wonder if your goin to get your spot. I hunt all public water and have watched the sun go down in my boat the night before. and I will prolly see it many more times to come.

with my experience, most of my actions have been is..I have seen geese come in around 8:30-10 am at most but have seen some come around noon-1 after picking up. So I would get out around when the day light comes and set up and sit patiently. Bring things to keep you busy, food, and etc.

Where I hunt I don't have anyone beating me to it. I let them fly off, usually 730-8 and then sneak in behind them. Seems alot come in right after we set up but those are mostly singles, and then the bigger groups come back a little later. About 930-11, sometimes as late as 12-1pm. We usually get out of there around noon, nice to have some that get back without getting shot. The hotter the day the earlier they come back. Today while dove hunting they were coming in around 10:30, but it was fairly cool.