• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Longest lasting Tires on for a 01 Silvarado

Over 100k on BFG A/T's that's awesome...IMO - Best all around light truck tire. I only seen 35k on my last set of BFG A/T's and replaced that with Michelin LTX M/S. Driving habits...I'm mostly highway and the Michelin LTX M/S are more quiet and smoother ride.

Sooo what woud the M/T stand for? Minnesota Tread? LOL's

How about Maximum Traction?

That makes my M/S tires Maximum Slide.

I have a TON of miles on Michelin LTX AT on a 94 K-1500 Ext Cab short box.

I think the tires will dry rot off the wheels before the tread wears out. I honestly don't recall how many miles are on these tires; seriously. From memory, I think they were put on somewhere around 120K miles and the truck now has just over 200K and there is still probably 1/4 to 1/3 of the tread left.

How long do you want them to last? If you really want long wear then take a look at the Toyo (M-55), BFGoodrich (Commercial T/A All Season or Commercial T/A Traction), Michelin (XPS Rib or XPS Traction), etc. commercial tires. Just have them retreaded when you wear them down.

Anyone ever use Timberline AT's how are they?

We have them on our suburban. They have about 20K on them and are wearing well. We had some Firestone Destination LE's on it previously, and they only lasted about 30K (they were supposedly 60K tires). I'll need tires for my 04 Silverado sometime this fall and I'm leaning toward putting some Timberline AT's on it.

Pretty happy with the stock Bridgestones that came new on my 2006 Silverado... 24,000 miles on it now and thier about shot!

Those are what I'm getting ready to replace on my 04. 72K miles on them and I'm very surprised. I've heard nothing but complaints about the Bridgestones. I must have gotten a lucky set... grin I rotated them every 10K and they still have 4/32nds on them.

BFG AT

Ask Hanson, I think he got over 100k on his last set!

Sure did! Put 70-80k on another set of BFG ATs before I traded that truck off. Not sure how many miles I have on my current BFGs but I'm expecting to hit 100k again. My Sierra will probably fall apart before the tires do, I'm getting close to the 200,000 mile mark on the truck.

So I've had BFG All-Terrains on my pickups for about the last 10 years. During that time, I've had 2 flat tires. One was a nail puncture that went flat in the driveway. The other was a, errr... driving error on the Upper Red Lake ice that broke the bead loose from the rim and resulted in my first tire ever changed on a lake. smile

Woul anyone ever recomend buying tire from walmart or is that one of those places you cant be to sure about??

Well, I bought the Michelins on my truck at Sam's Club. They had the best prices out the door at that time.

Anybody try the new Goodyear Wrangler tires wth the silent armour if so are they more quiet than normal?

My truck had these tires on it when I purchased it. For a truck tire they are pretty quiet, don't expect it to be as quiet as a car tire though. It's not the most aggressive tire, but traction isn't too bad. It's not as good on the snow covered lakes as the BFG A/T but don't dissappoint either. Depending how many miles I get out of them I might get them for my next set.