• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Reports & Thoughts for this week's outings

Fish Fry Guy

Hello All, Just figured I'd start a quick report on recent activity. My father in law & I raised a couple and caught a couple on WBL late last week *thurs & fri*. Seemed to be relating to weedlines, wind was blowing north pretty steady so fish were tucked into the weeds pretty good. The 2 raised fish were off of bulldogs, the 2 boated were on a double cowgirl & a weagle.

I took this week off of work with plans to do some fishing. Today was a day to take care of the "honey do" list. Seems like we had a pretty good cold front swing in today, any thoughts/plans on presentations & such for fishing till things stablize?

Ol'Matty... Over the labor day weekend the winds were strong, and hot blowing from the south. Tuesday (yesterday) was a stormy day all day and the temps dropped 15 or so degrees from the weekend highs and the wind changed directions completely. Today is much colder and the winds are from the north/north east and we have bluebird skies. Barometer has risen over the last 24 to 36 hours (according to my weather machine thing). That to me is a cold front and is typically for me a rough day for fishing (despite the weather being great today). In my experience, the first day or two after a big change in weather stinks for fishing muskies. I'm getting ready to head out on the water and am hoping that despite the change in weather, the fish will be chasing my lures. We'll see I guess. I'll report my day later tonight.

Fear the cold front no more! IMO September is the best month of the year, it seems to get easier for me now. Hopefully the hot south wind is gone for good.

After Labor Day I pretty much flip flop expectations on stable weather vs. cold fronts based on my last few years on the water. The clouds and rain and wind were invigorating yesterday and the fish were diggin it. I'll take falling water temps now anytime and a little plop plop over some shallow milfoil or cabbage will be my meal ticket for the next few weeks.

Im not a big Muskie fisherman but I do enjoy getting out after them a few times a year, if i get the time to . I was out This Last Sunday and had a fun time did not catch one but had two nice follows with one hitting when I did the figure 8, and a couble littler fish but still got nothing. I was wondering with the cold front would it be worth going? Are would you want to wait for the weather to stable? And if I was to go do you work the same area where I saw fish the other day?

I no its always worth going just to get out but when your a college student thats broke it makes it a little more tough.

Thanks.

Im not a big Muskie fisherman but I do enjoy getting out after them a few times a year, if i get the time to . I was out This Last Sunday and had a fun time did not catch one but had two nice follows with one hitting when I did the figure 8, and a couble littler fish but still got nothing. I was wondering with the cold front would it be worth going? Are would you want to wait for the weather to stable? And if I was to go do you work the same area where I saw fish the other day?

I no its always worth going just to get out but when your a college student thats broke it makes it a little more tough.

Thanks.

Well, beautiful day out on the water. I fished WBL for muskies from around 2:30 to 6:30 and didn't move any fish. My brother in law *not a muskie fisherman* was throwing for bass and had little success. In the 4 hours he ended up with just 5 fish, all small. However, as the sun was going down I switched to bass fishing and we did see a big change in their aggressiveness. Picked up 12 or so between 6:30 and 8. All bass were small topping out at 16" or so. I'll be out again all day tomorrow, weather is supposed to be exactly the same as today so hopefully things will settle down for them.