Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wall_guy_101

Sen. Lieberman at the RNC

29 posts in this topic

This is another reason why I believe the McCain/Palin ticket will win. How many registered repubs. showed up to support Obama?? While I don't believe in alot Sen. Lieberman has to say I believe this goes to show even a died in the wool Democrat knows whos going to win!!

//quote//

“When others wanted to retreat in defeat from the field of battle — when Barack Obama was voting to cut off funding for our troops on the ground — John McCain had the courage to stand against the tide of public opinion and support the surge, and because of that, today, our troops are at last beginning to come home, not in failure, but in honor,” he was to say. //quote// (Joe Lieberman)

Maybe you Dems. aren't half bad. Atleast one of you says something worthy of common sense. wink

Yeah, those too. Whether they are on the stage or in the streets, seems like everyone at a national presidential political convention is protesting something. gringrin

Quote:
Sen. Lieberman at the RNC

I thought he was their as a back up, just in case?

or maybe Gore is behind the curtain? winkgrin

Lincoln Chafee, Jim Leach and Jim Whitaker are three Republicans that have given their endorsement to Obama. That is three times as many Republicans supporting Obama than Democrats you have shown to support McCain.

What does that mean for the election, NOTHING!

You can google "democrats for mccain" and "republicans for obama" and see there are groups on both sides supporting the candidate from the opposite party.

Lincoln Chafee, Jim Leach and Jim Whitaker are three Republicans that have given their endorsement to Obama. That is three times as many Republicans supporting Obama than Democrats you have shown to support McCain.

What does that mean for the election, NOTHING!

You can google "democrats for mccain" and "republicans for obama" and see there are groups on both sides supporting the candidate from the opposite party.

Dang, there you go again, being logical and informative. What are you trying to do, change the world? gringrin

Sen. Lieberman ... died in the wool Democrat

I don't care who you support, that right there is some funny stuff. Thanks.

Lincoln Chafee, Jim Leach and Jim Whitaker are three Republicans that have given their endorsement to Obama.

I think the term for those guys are "wolves in sheep's clothing."

I believe Senator Lieberman is there for one reason. One Party's candidate for President is willing to keep Fort Iraq in place as long as 100 years. Israel is "safer" with a large American presence on the Ground just the other side of Jordan.

O.K. maybe two reasons. See personal income rank by state for Connecticut, (1st).

O.K. three reasons. He lost the 2006 Connecticut Democratic Primary.

he's the anti-independent-- socially/fiscally liberal and for the war......

most independents want a fiscally responsible gov't and want the war done with.....

he's the anti-independent-- socially/fiscally liberal and for the war......

most independents want a fiscally responsible gov't and want the war done with.....

Exactly.

Considering he has an (I) next to his name. He was ostracized from his party.

I would use some not most.

Big Tom: Lieberman's connection to the Israel lobby is well documented. I suspect his support for the Iraq occupation has more to do with the desires of Israel's foreign policy stratigies than with U.S. interests.

While I do not understand the linkage between Israeli neo-cons and a democrat/independent, Lieberman appears to follow their lead.

And let’s not forget the tensions between Israel and Iran. Israel has already stated that if Iran continues with its nuclear program that they will attack Iran. And this is not to mention McCain himself already talking about Iran being a threat to Middle East peace.

Only time will tell, but I'm convinced if McCain wins the election we'll expand this war into Iran.

And let’s not forget the tensions between Israel and Iran. Israel has already stated that if Iran continues with its nuclear program that they will attack Iran. And this is not to mention McCain himself already talking about Iran being a threat to Middle East peace.

Only time will tell, but I'm convinced if McCain wins the election we'll expand this war into Iran.

Ummmmmm......how old are you? This has been said since around 1979. Remember Beirut? Remember a certain embassy being taken over and people being held against their will for quite a long time?

Iran has been a boil on the azz of the world for decades. If they succeed in producing "The Weapon", it'll get real interesting somewhere.

Iran has been a boil on the azz of the world for decades. If they succeed in producing "The Weapon", it'll get real interesting somewhere.

What's different this time is that we already have feet on the ground in that region, it fit's in to he Republican New American Century plan and McCain has already talked about using whatever means possible.

Kidd: add to your analysis that Ms. Palin is in the Christian Zionist crowd and you have a complete picture. She is better than Lieberman in that respect...a stealth zionist. Tim LaHaye and the rest of that crowd will be very happy with her.

Iran better get ready for the invasion.

"....a stealth zionist"

Bwwwwwwahahahahaaaaaaaa

The Republicans are the Boogey Man......hide your kids.....

I agree, but it's the Dems that want their Piggy Banks. How do you get that from Reps when they cut taxes and Dems raise them?

Originally Posted By: Big Tom
[quote name='chub The Republicans are the Boogey Man......hide your kids.....
Piggy Banks

I agree' date=' but it's the Dems that want their Piggy Banks. How do you get that from Reps when they cut taxes and Dems raise them? [/quote']

Maybe you got a tax cut. I'm not that wealthy.

GOP has had control of Congress 14 of 16 years and the Presidency 20 of 28 years.

Check out the National Debt and Deficits over this term, show me anything other than patches on the AMT, breaks on Capital Gains and tax rates at the highest levels and I'll be willing to listen...

Seriously, you should consider demanding more "leadership" on fiscal issues and less bull$hit. It's old, it's trite and by far most importantly, it's inaccurate. I see no more from the Democrats either, but then I also don't have to swallow the hypocrital tax and spend and family values horse hockey at every turn either.

I'd vote for a purple transexual for President, Senator or Congress if I thought it would lessen government intrusion into my life and my wallet. Isn't that your definition of conservativism or is it wrapped up in hockey moms or muslims or some other irrelevant smears. sick