Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

How to create an @mention - Click Here   07/16/2015

You can use the @mention aspect whenever you want someone to be notified about a post or let them know you are talking about them. Type the @ symbol type in a couple "lowercase" letters pause then once the names pop-up either select or keep typing in letters to narrow down the list until you get the @mention name you are looking for. You can play a game so members can see how it works. If you want to practice or If your name has been @mentioned below you should see it in your notifications (upper right) and you then have to @mention one or two members who haven't been mentioned inthe comments section below. Let's see how long we can keep this going. Anyone who duplicates a name that has already been @mentioned loses. This is the first group to be @mentioned to get the ball rolling: @Borch @Scott K @Corey Bechtold @Matt Johnson @mrklean @eyeguy 54 @Finns @IceHawk @MarkB @Cliff Wagenbach @Wayne Ek
Sign in to follow this  
CNY Tim

2008 Floyd, NY Woodbat Champs - Akadema Sports

We did it guys. The two week lay off hurt us a bit as we were down 2 runs going in to our last at bat in the bottom of the 7th and tallied 3 runs for the win. I was fortunate to hit a bases clearing triple in the right center gap. We won the first game 8-7. In game 2 we blew em out in the fifth with 7 runs and won the finale of the 3 game set 15-5. Here's the team,regular season record 11-2 1st place and tournament champs for 2008.

teamsmalltv5.jpg

Trophies

1001240rz6.jpg

Like to thank our fans and the support of the Garage and La Pub as well as Akadema Sports for there sponsorship. After 5 years we finally broke through, Yeah!

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Them gun safe's ain't filling themselves I thought we all already had one.    
    • Yes, I know that. But the squirrel tail is the best material for jigs. My intent was to let you know the PREFERRED material for tying. It would also be the PREFERRED material for tying jigs. Marabou would also make dynamite jigs but would not be as durable.
    • The one I have only runs when the furnace is on.  In the summer I turn off the water that goes to it and turn down the humidistat.  There are no moving parts in mine.  In the winter a solenoid opens the water line and water trickles over a filter like thing.  Unless your rig is really old I suspect it works about the same way.  Be sure to keep the humidity in the house to the proper level.  You can get all sorts of guidance on line.
    • I was thinking more about the hair jigs.  
    • Generally fly tiers much prefer squirrel tail hair.  There are several long standing patterns that use squirrel but  I don't recall ever hearing anybody talk about raccoon tails. The body fur might be useful as dubbing material but there are too many other options to make it worth the trouble.  I doubt anybody would find possum fur of value as a fly tying material,   but then I'm no expert. And I know nothing about making spinning lures and have never sold a pelt to any fishing tackle company.  Squirrels are my pals.
    • I have hardwood in my new house and a drum style house humidifier - does the humidifier only run when the heat (furnace) is on. And if thats the case how do you run the humidifier in summer if its always going to be hot enough to not require the furnace to run?
    •    The electric choke dose not open and close according to engine temp.    The electric choke starts to warm up when you turn the ignition key on.  If you leave the key on but don't start the engine the choke will continue to warm and eventual open.  So a normal cold start with any carb regardless of choke type is to pump the peddle to get a shot of fuel from the accelerator pump.   If you had an automatic choke that peddle pump would set the choke too.   Now crank over the engine. If your electric choke is open before you've put power to it it'll need to be adjusted.  Loosen the set screws at the round black cap and rotate the cap till the choke closes.  Snug the screws back up.   Chances are you'll have to go back and fine tune this along with the high idle speed.     I'm sure you can find that procedure on the net somewhere.      The miss and cut out at higher RPMs could be a lot of things but could be related to the choke and specifically a choke butterfly closing by the increased vacuum.  Thats contrary to a choke being pulled open by vacuum but I've seen it happen when the choke isn't right when under load and vacuum drops with throttle butterflies wide open.    At any rate adjust the choke to fix the cold start issue and that might clear up the cut out.   If your still bogging, wire the choke open after the engine has warmed and try it under load.
    • Only time we block ours is if there is any water on the, usually only a problem late in the season  
  • Our Sponsors