• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

03 silverado 1500?

first i do not drive this truck very often only go through a tank of gas a month at the most. last weekend we were heading up north in it and i got a check engine light but, no other symptoms so i just cleared the code once i got up north and figured it was o2 sensors. we made it up north fine and the next day went to start and it started fine but killed twice at low rpms and low speed. i put some injector cleaner in it thinking it might be dirty injectors and drove it home about 120 miles, drove fine just had a little ruff idle when rpms were down. today i changed the o2 sensors thinking this was part of it. when i start it up now it idles fine but if i rev the engine and let settle it wants to kill drops down to about 300 rpms shimies a little then recovers. there is also a noticable hessitation in the fuel pedal not all the time but some times. could this be bad gas? dirty injectors? dirty intake mannifold? what are your thoughts. thanks steve

I would bet that the code(s) where lean bank 1 and lean bank 2. Both of these together is the key to the puzzle. If only one of them was present than I would be more inclined to lean towards an 02 going bad. Since there together the likely culprit is the intake plenum gasket is leaking, essentially a vacuum leak. The ruff run at idle is another symptom of this problem. To properly diagnose this one a shop would use a smoker to confirm the presence of the vacuum leak at the gaskets.

These are becoming a common problem and start to show up more as the temps cool down.

i would also say vacuum leak. i change my fuel filter every 5,000 on mine i get my filters cheap so its no big deal but you would be surprized how mutch restriction is in that filter after 5000 miles. i feel it helps the fuel pump alot

well my machanic took a look at it and ended up being a dirty maf sensor so he cleaned it and that took care of the ruff idle. the check engine light he said is from a vaccume leak from somesort of valve back by the fuel tank he says another bad design. when i pick the truck up i will ask what the name of the valve was.