• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Anyone lose a topwater lure on Orchard Lake?

bonefish

I was on Orchard in Lakeville going for some tigers this weekend and set the hook on what turned out to be a topwater lure with a leader and about 10 yards of green Power Pro. If your missing one let me know! I know what it's like to lose a god bait so I'd be happy to give it to it's owner. Just let me know what it is and where you lost it. You can email me at [email protected]

Not as good as you, that's for sure!

I had a few follows but nothing in the boat. I switched to bass out of frustration and had a blast in the lilly pads with scum frogs.

Thats too bad. I wasnt really expecting to catch anything when i went out, but then again isnt that when you usually catch em'. Im want to try to get out there one of these upcoming weekends. For a small lake once the sun comes up it sure gets busy fast.

Bonefish,

That's funny, I bet it's one of 3 my nephew lost fishing with my buddy. I told a co-worker about their trip and he said I should check out the forum.

I'm not sure what one you found but my nephew told me he lost a black topwater with a prop up front as one of the three!! If that's it, my buddy called it his hot bait!!

Keep it!! I'll rub it in when I see him tonight!!

Hey midex,

Scum Frogs are a soft plastic bass topwater lure. Weedless, and fun to fish with. You work them in and around the heavy cover, sometimes the thickest you can find.

Fun way to fish for sure!

Cjac is right. They are totaly weedless. I throw them into the middle of a lilly pads patch with no problem. It just skims across the tops becasue the hooks are actually on teh top of it. Crank accross the weeds and stop when you his a patch of open water, give it a few twitches, and hang on! I love hooking one on for my 6 year old. No snags and alot of topwater excitement.