Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fishermatt

Hard to fit H2O into Ram Mount holder

11 posts in this topic

I bought a Ram Mount for my iFinder H2O, but it seems super hard to get the unit to fit into the mount. It seems like I'm going to wreck the rubber gasket that goes around the unit when I'm trying to put it into the mount, as if the mount is too small for the unit. Is there a trick to this? Thanks.

It should look like this, right?

ram.jpg

Insert the H2O into the bottom of the mount first.

rambottom.jpg

Then spread the top of the mount apart and slide the top of the H2O into place.

ramspread.jpg

Mine works exactly as airjer describes. Never had a problem with mine. Maybe you have a different RAM mount?

Mine looks different than that. Instead of being able to spread the top apart, it has a piece that's supposed to fit over the very top. Maybe I bought the wrong mount? I'll post a pic tonight.

I would like to see what you have. Sounds like you did get the wrong one.

you bought the ram mount for the i-finders that first came out..if you have the package it should say i-finder h2o or hunt on it if it only says i-finder its the old style..the h20 and hunt are just alittle bit bigger then the old i-finder black and green models..

gft, I think you got it. Mine seems to be too big for the mount. Another wasted $30 bucks...

That's the one AirJer! Maybe if I use my chop saw to take off the top 1/2 inch of the Unit it will fit better!! smirk

I ran across the same thing for the carrying case the guy behind the counter told me that it would work but he was wrong it took me all summer to find the case.

That's the one AirJer! Maybe if I use my chop saw to take off the top 1/2 inch of the Unit it will fit better!! smirk

Sounds like an hsolist listing will be coming shortly! The correct style works great.