Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Big Tom

The Republican National Convention

55 posts in this topic

Let the Convention begin.

NEW ORLEANS, Louisiana (CNN) -- Hurricane Gustav didn't pack the wallop of Katrina three years earlier, officials said Monday, but they urged almost 2 million evacuees to stay away from the Gulf Coast for another day.

"Tomorrow is not a day to start coming back to the city of New Orleans," Mayor Ray Nagin said Monday night.

"Power lines are down all over the city; there's a significant number of homes and businesses that are without power," Nagin said.

Still, he said, Gustav didn't do the damage feared a few days ago, a possible repeat of 2005's Hurricane Katrina.

"I'd probably call Gustav, instead of the mother of all storms, maybe the mother-in-law or the ugly sister of all storms," Nagin said.

What do you think Michael Brown did today???

A better question is - What did Bobby Jindal do to whip even Ray Nagin into shape.

That has to be the most amazing turn around in the history of man....

A better question is - What did Bobby Jindal do to whip even Ray Nagin into shape.

That has to be the most amazing turn around in the history of man....

Actually, for the most part, I thought Ray Nagin conducted himself with honor during Katrina.

If I were the mayor of N.O. and had heard, " You're doing a heck of a job Brownie, I would have served some time.

Where is the applause for Bush? He somehow got the blame for all the failures during Katrina, why aren't Big Tom and others congratulating him now???? Because you libs are so two faced and biased against anything and everything Bush you can't even see reality.

Nagin did good during Katrina??? OMG that is simply the most ridiculous thing I've read since Katrina...

Because you libs are so two faced and biased against anything and everything Bush you can't even see reality.

Here we go again . . .

Where is the applause for Bush? He somehow got the blame for all the failures during Katrina, why aren't Big Tom and others congratulating him now???? Because you libs are so two faced and biased against anything and everything Bush you can't even see reality.

Nagin did good during Katrina??? OMG that is simply the most ridiculous thing I've read since Katrina...

Lib - hardly. Because I dislike Bush? That's a lot of Libs for you to take on.

Congratulate Jr. for what? Staying away from a convention that didn't want him or knowing that there was a hurricane in the vicinity of New Orleans. You crack me up.

What did he get blamed for last time? He didn't make the stupid storm go there and last I checked Emergency Management is usually handled locally, yet as is par for the course the last 8 years, its all his fault...

What did he get blamed for last time? He didn't make the stupid storm go there and last I checked Emergency Management is usually handled locally, yet as is par for the course the last 8 years, its all his fault...

FEMA is a National Agency. Nagin blundered in not bussing everyone out agreed. When everything actually hit the fan though, his commander in chief gave him a flyover and a back slap on a horse judge. Yep he's great. Very in tune with his electorate. Credit to the Republican Party ideals. sick

I didn't think FEMA or any federal agency could go in to a situation until the governor of that state declared a state of emergency and called for them to come in.

This was discussed, I believe here, in Katrina's wake.

There was a report released shortly before Gustav hit that stated 75 percent of the victims of Katrina were elderly. At least this time they used ambulances and buses to get the ones who could not move themselves out. It would be worse if they did not learn from the mistakes made earlier.

I didn't think FEMA or any federal agency could go in to a situation until the governor of that state declared a state of emergency and called for them to come in.

That is correct, and conveniently overlooked in the media reporting and fashionable Bush bashing. The governor of LA during Katrina wouldn't call for help, and, well, she's not the governor anymore.

Yea, I would pin it on Nagan and the old gov before going after the pres. But that doesn't have the Flas they are all looking for to go after Bush.

What she didn't ask for was the assistance of Federal Troops until her third discussion with the President.

The President's State of Emergency Declaration omitted the Southern and Coastal Parishes including New Orleans. Michael Brown said Governor Blanco missed these in her original request. Blanco released a copy of the letter after the Congressional hearings proving she had included the parishes in her original request. Draw your own conclusions, but at least represent the facts.

BTW Bush's promise to fund the remaining levee work has still not been honored. And you want a pat on the back for him???

Mitt Romney just flat hit it right out of the ballpark. What a speech.

bow.gif

Ironic choice for a message on the sign Limit.

I agreed with Romney on American's wanting smaller government but where the [PoorWordUsage] was this in fact and action when the GOP had a majority and the WH in 2003-2007??? Does he think we all just came to this desire??? Where was it when GWB forgot where the veto pen was time and again. I'm sorry, recent history shows all kind of motivation and very little action here.

I would guess that after Rudy is done talking, no one would vote for a republican. What a total fool.

I would guess that after Rudy is done talking, no one would vote for a republican. What a total fool.

I will.

Quote:
I agreed with Romney on American's wanting smaller government but where the [PoorWordUsage] was this in fact and action when the GOP had a majority and the WH in 2003-2007??? Does he think we all just came to this desire??? Where was it when GWB forgot where the veto pen was time and again. I'm sorry, recent history shows all kind of motivation and very little action here.

I'm just quoting this because it's worth repeating.

The GOP have become massive hypocrites when it comes to "smaller government". If the GOP can't get their rhetoric in line with their style of governing on the federal level (which Mr. Pawlenty has done in MN, agree with him or not), they are going to spend a very long time in the political wilderness.

I made my comments about Romney's speech premature, because the speakers that followed took it way past! I really liked Huckabee's speech and Rudy was fantastic. One of the best parts was that they all took it to the media.

I thought Rudy had one of the worst speeches i have ever heard in the last 40 years. It seemed more like Rudy the Clown.

Rudy was fantastic.

OMG you really have lost all objectivity. The delegates were chanting to drown out the crickets.

The message in Rudy's speech was powerful. His delivery was that of a leering bumbler. I was yawning half way through, and he went so freaking long that they had to kill the introductory Palin video and go straight to her speech.

Great time management skills there, Rudy. Just a little too much time soaking up the spotlight instead of leaving enough time for the one who really needed all the spotlight she could get.

I'm not saying his ability to give a speech was anything spectacular, but the shots given were great and deserved.