• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

St. Croix in Hudson

Saltydog

I'll be out tomorrow night near Hudson, drifting for channel cats. Lots of shad showing up - find the shad, you find the channel cats.

If I was fishing from shore I would try the south shore of the 94 Bridge along the rip rap. I think you can get there along the bike path near the bridge - I've never fished from shore there but have fished along that shore in a boat. Cats should be feeding on shad along that shoreline.

Water is a little cold for a float tube - supposed to get down to low 50's at night the rest of the week. Wear you long johns and your chest high waders in that float tube. Brr!!

Just got in from our drifting trip. We got skunked - marked lots of shad and fish but couldn't getting anything to bite.

Reference your question:

Thanks. Do you use cut bait for the channels?

I prefer fresh cut bait for channel cats. I normally fish fresh cut sucker.