Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
st.crioxfishin

First Bass Boat!

Well, I bought my first ever bass boat today! I won't be able to use it much this year because of school now, but I can't wait for next year! It's a 1989 361V Ranger with a 175hp Evinrude. Definately a little older, but for a college kid I can't be too picky. It's actually in very good shape for an '89 and you have to start somewhere right!?:)

Here's a picture...

Reed3_small1.jpg

Congrats on the new boat! Must be killing you not being able to use it much. When I was in college, I would have been happy with a simple 16 ft aluminum w/ a 25hp ... so I'd say you are doing pretty good.

Bob, thats wonderful, I remember the feeling of owning my first glass boat... Its awesome. I will you the best of luck with it, and I hope it brings many fish to the boat in the up coming years.

Nice rig! My first and current boat was bought during college. I'd say you picked up a nice rig! You've got a long winter ahead of you. wink

Congrats on the your new boat. Great looking rig, it will serve you well. You have at least 7-8 weeks of some of the best fishing of the year ahead of you. Make the best of it and then take all winter to make all your plans for the 1st full year with the blaster. A 20 year old Ranger? Thats not old, welcome to the Ranger owners fan club.

Awesome! Greatest feeling ever!

I have had my first bass boat for only a little over 2 years now. I started from shore in Iowa farm ponds, moved up to a 8ft plastic bass boat with a 2 horse evinrude, then up to a 16 ft Starcraft with 25 horse merc, graduated college and moved up to the 19.5 ft charger with 200 hp merc. Its truly a dream come true and the only thing that kept me going in all those dredfull collge years! (except for the partys)

Just two points of advice that I had to learn the hard way.

(1)Never assume you know where you are unless you have looked 3 different times at your paper map and electronic map. I have bent my prop shaft 3 differnt times! Mainly because I like to go to fast and assumed I knew where I was. Also the electronic maps dont show enough detail unless if you zoom way in, but then its too hard to navigate so use the paper map.

(2)Make sure you winterize all of your pumps correctly. I had to replace 2 of my livewell pumps after the first winter because I didnt realize that antifreeze wouldnt fill them by dumping it in the livewells. I now know to take the motors out of my pumps and blow out all of the water. And I also add antifreeze to the lines to be certain (eco safe of course).

Im sure there are many more things than these but these are the two that I had to learn the hard way!

Good luck out there.

Congrats on the boat. My college days were spent on shore and wishing I could hit the water. Regardless if it is used or new, take care of it as if you just took it off the lot. Those Rangers hold their resale very well, treat her right!