• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Morson Fall Fishing Report

Dog in the bow, ocassionally in the water. We'll see you at the "Jugs" on Saturday the 11th. We may head up early enough to also fish Friday the 10th. If so, I will give a shout. I expect that you will have all of the hot spots scouted out by then, eh?

Hay all.

Just got back this afternoon. Had a GREAT TIME

Lots of fish is is the best way to describe the fishing last week. Pike were a little slow but we caught lots. Just look for a dark lake bottom and some

weeds you will catch all you need.

Walleyes, are in the deep water 20 to 25ft. off the points, with current.

Smallest about 5in. largest 28in. and everything in-between.

Crappies, are in the usual spots 20-40ft. and all we wonted.

Muskies. I caught 3. 43in 44in. 48in.

All were off points with boulders with weeds. None with just one or the other.

WT

Still no ducks to speak of, just the locals.

Surface water was 51 degrees Saturday moring on the depth finder. Air temps have been fairly balmy. Looks like some near frezing temps next week, but still no bitter cold.

Just got back from four days. Sorry, didn't fish. But the ducks... yeah baby!

Everyone is catcing fish, crappies in Obabakan and walleyes in all the usual fall places... haven't heard a musky report buy my musky-crazed next door neighbor up there was out every day except the 40 mph wind day so he must be catching something...

...lots of birds blew in on the big wind Thursday... even seeing some of those ones that quack instead of burp... lucky I miss a lot to keep Estate Cartridge in business... After a slow opener the last few trips up have been VERY productive... hope it keeps up!

Back up Wednesday night (awww, four days at home to let the Benelli cool down!)

Be safe ya'all

P.S. Benelli Dude: Did you get a deer for the REAL Indians?

Seen lotsa ducks when we were around the Pork Pt area. Even kicked up a few mallards. Got a doe yesterday behind dads. So I guess the Browning is still dead on. Heard you left early huh. I dont blame you with the rain that we had. I dumped 2.5 inches out of the rain gauge this afternoon since it started. hope the rain tapers off cuz we dont need anymore. Be safe! B-dude

Went up a with a buddy and camped on an island this trip a few days ago - luckily we were protected and well drained. We had a walleye/crappie/duck extravaganza.

Found walleyes in traditional spots in 20-26 feet. Biggest was 28 inches and some 26 inchers too. Lots of nice 17-18 inchers. Jig and minnows.

Fished crappies with others at Hay Island and did pretty well there and a few other spots.

Found bluebills (a raft of about 500) about a 1/2 hr boat ride NE of Morson. There were also some smaller rafts too - which had much better luck hunting. Also saw some mallards and a few other varieties. Limits of Blues and some mallards.

Nice way to end the Fall season. Hope to get up for an ice fishing weekend sometime.

We were up Oct. 3-12. Lots of walleye in the fall spots and they were really good at Sabaskosing the day we went out there. Picked up a couple muskies in low 40s and lost another at the boat. Met up with Eastwind on Sat. and fished three hours in the rain. Another great fall trip.

Just got back yesterday. Fished Sat thru Monday. Lots of Walleyes. Not much luck with the Crappies or Muskies. Lots of rain but warm on Saturday and Sunday. Monday was dry with a cold wind until mid afternoon when the weather changed. Then it also began to rain so we had cold, wind and rain. October is still my favorite trip.

Hi Ken at pelican landing. Just looking for an update on ice conditions, snow cover, and fishing. Are people driving sleds, four wheelers, trucks and how far? Any crappies? Thanks for any info Ken. By the way, did Garth give you that smoked salmon last October. I left it with him, but he looked pretty hungry when I pulled away. WFT

16 inches of ice 6 inches of snow on ice with deeper drifts more snow forcast tomorrow trucks are good to go sled is your best bet. Have not been fishing yet will be out this weekend. Had a great hunting season some beautifull bucks. Thanks for the smoked salmon it was great. Have a crew booked in over new years weekend will give a report. Looking forward to seeing you this winter catching fish and having some fun.