Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LwnmwnMan2

Another computer technical question

32 posts in this topic

My wife has a certain VERY popular shopping channel / HSOforum that she visits often, yet on the computer, she's hardly ever able to view the images.

We only have this issue with this exact HSOforum, and 1 out of 30 times to the HSOforum the pictures show.

We have this problem with 4 different computers, and it doesn't matter if it's with IE7 or Firefox 3.

It's www dot qvc dot com and if I could get this to work, then maybe, well, for you married guys, you know how good this would be if I could get the pictures to show all the time.

If other websites work fine for you it's not your PC's. I would assume it's a problem with the HSOforum. It could also be with how large the HSOforum is as well. How fast is your internet connection? If you don't have high speed, it's going to do this as well.

Oh, you've blown one of my fantasies. Here I thought that you were actually the good looking woman in the avatar. I have spent a great amount of time imagining you bounce along on that big zero turn rig cutting grass with that cute kid doing the raking. Bummer.

Do you have Any computers that don't have the issue?

My first thought is right before going to that site, you might try deleting your Temporary Internet Files. From an IE window, choose Tools, Internet Options, then under Temporary Internet Files choose Delete Files. This won't hurt anything, and if you have a gazillion of them it might be part of the problem. If you click on Settings you can see how much space is allocated for temp files, and you can also view the temp files there before deleting them. Otherwise, try emailing QVC. They certainly don't want you to have this issue and would probably have ideas to help.

I suggest deleting your cache files and any old temp. internet files. Reboot the machine. Try it again. Make sure your running firefox. If problem persists, I would do what fishermatt suggested and call QVC and speak to the Webmaster...or just get a mac. wink

I'm on broadband through Frontier.

I've dumped everything I could think of with the temp files, cookies, history, etc.

Rebooted many times.

I don't know, I went through the settings on the router and the modem.

It's just driving me nuts.

Do you get an error of any kind? What does the screen look like when the pictures arent' showing? Does the browser look like it's trying to load but just spins?

No, just the red "x" in the upper left corner of where a picture would be.

Much like when someone tries to post a picture to a HSOforum such as this, but then the picture is not available any longer.

I still say if you are getting pictures on all other sites but QVC, then it's a problem with their site. I would email them.

"Hello Ms. H:

Thank you for your recent email. We were sorry to learn of a problem

viewing pictures on our web site. We have not been notified of a similar

problem by any other customer.

Since customer satisfaction is our top priority here at QVC, we always

appreciate any suggestions or comments from our customers. I have

forwarded your comments to the appropriate department.

Thank you for contacting QVC.com."

What else would one expect?? laugh

Just for kicks.

Can you right click the X photo and get the properties?

If so try to copy and paste to the URL line in your browser.

I HAVE AN UPDATE!!! I HAVE AN UPDATE!!!

FWIW, dtro, I already tried that, as well as the tech from my ISP. It would come back as either bad link, or server fail.

He tried myriad number of things, as have I.

Anyways, here's the update. Chalk it up to a complete fluke.

I tried LMIT's suggestion of running Google's browser, and IT FREAKING WORKS!

Neither IE nor Firefox would work, it was almost like they would time out before the pics loaded.

It took a LONG time to load, but now that it's loaded once, we can go everywhere on the site, even if we reboot the computer, and it works on all the computers, whether running Vista or XP.

That's good news.

I bet if you were to wipe our your old browser and reinstall it, that would work as well.

Better go hide the Credit Cards

It don't work again.........

As it's loading, on the bottom left corner, it either keeps saying "resolving proxy" "resolving host" or "waiting for www.qvc.com"

I think it's something with your PC

I had the Google browser downloaded, installed and running in about 3 minutes

I had it all downloaded installed and running the same way, it's the QVC site that's saying that...

Bottom left corner of the window that opens when you try to go QVC's homepage

Hmmmmm. Do the Red X's come up as soon as you get to the home page of this site, or is it after you attempt to view a specific item or items?

Fishermatt - the "x" is there as soon as well access the page.

dtro - just typing in the address into the address bar.

maybe a security thing?

did you try this

Tools -> Internet Options -> Security -> Default Level.

or here's another option:

do you remember a time when it was working?

Try doing a system restore to that date.

and yet some more things to try:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/283807

Dtro -

I've done both of your first suggestions, especially since earlier tonight, when I put up "I HAVE AN UPDATE!!".

I had it working on all the computers, after reboots, everything.

Now with that Google browser, I can bring up the cached pages, but if I try to view anything else, it just keeps saying "resolving host" or "resolving proxy" in the bottom left corner of the page.

I didn't read the whole thread so maybe some of these questions have already been answered.

What operating system are you running? Is it Vista?

To me a red X would indicate that your machine does not know how to handle the file or it won't allow you to view the file.

Can you set the site as one of your trusted sites.

I cannot add it as a trusted HSOforum, Vista tells me that sites need to be "httpS://" and this is just an http:// site.

I didn't read every post either.

I'd say it's an Anti-Virus issue followed by a Frontier Server Problem.

Try turning off the FireWall and or disabling your Anti virus!