• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Twins Ace?

zamboni

Wow were already talking about next year?!?! I take it you dont think we'll be in the playoffs?

They will make it, besides an ace also means "best pitcher", not just the opening day starter next season, but that is the best definition.

Originally Posted By: Fishin Dan
Wow were already talking about next year?!?! I take it you dont think we'll be in the playoffs?

They will make it, besides an ace also means "best pitcher", not just the opening day starter next season, but that is the best definition.

Sorry guess i just misunderstood. Thought you were writing them off already. My bad

All 5 starters have sub-4.00 ERA right now. For the first time, I really don't know who our 4th and 5th guys would be. I'd have to put Liriano and Perkins in the top 3. Toss up between Barker and Slowey, followed by Blackburn. Remember 2006 when Liriano and Radke went down? We had Santana and then a couple of 4th and 5th-guy type left. If we could just get a reliable set-up guy back. Just think if Neshek comes back solid next year. 2 WS in the ROW!!!!

I hate to say this but I can see Smith trading one of starters this offseason.

Originally Posted By: zamboni
Originally Posted By: Fishin Dan

Sorry guess i just misunderstood. Thought you were writing them off already. My bad

Its all good. I don't write them off until Thanksgiving.

If Liriano can get control of more of his pitches he would be the starter with no questions, but your starter will be the pitcher with the best control, Baker! Liriano has the best potential to be the best, but he needs to have all of his pitches going where he is trying to throw them!

I like Baker and FL. Take Baker becasue he seems to have more control and go deeper into a game. Also- Baker was one hitter away and one walk aaway from a perfect game/no hitter last year at home agst KC..BUT FL when on,, thou not as good after the TJ, is still very good.