• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bear Hunters who take the easy way

I have been bear hunting for the last six years around the North Entrance of Itasca State Park area and it seems every year you get those lazy hunters. I'm talking the ones that dont do any baiting or scouting themselves, they show up the day before opener drive around find some baits that are being hit and then set up 150-200 yards away from them. It really drives me nuts, I go up a couple times a week bait my station and all that only to find out the day before the season a guy is setting up right next to you. Wondering if anyone else has problems like this ???

I can understand. It's inconsiderate, intrusive, and really unsportsmanlike behavior. Unfortunately, it's also very legal. Not much you can do about it but find a better hiding place for your bait I suspect.

Bob

We have a new bear guide in our area. He is using photos of my son-in-laws bear hunters/bears on his HSOforum. My son-in-law works hard, locates bears, does the baiting, gets clients, and his clients get their bears. This new guy posts the photos on his HSOforum as though they are his clients/bears. Another example of a bum taking the easy way.