• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Anyone ever have a bass or pike attack a bobber?

52#FLATHEAD

No....but one time, I was reeling in this little bass that interupted my walleye fishing, and a big northern just slammed it and then followed it all the way to the boat, taking free shots at it. I couldn't believe something would want to eat those stinky slimey things. It was aweasome

Big bass by the way

52...Nice fish. I've had that happen alot of times...especially when I have been fishing a small bobber for panfish. Usually the pike cut me off and then I just go pick up the bobber...they hit it and spit it out, but 4# test doesn't hold up well to the wickedly sharp, triangular pike teeth. Must just make them mad?

For the record, the biggest LMbass I ever seen was caught on a red and white Bass-o-reno. This was years ago, on a little lake out toward Minnetonka somewhere? I was a 12 year old kid, couldn't remember the lake, but the guy that used to rent the rowboats was named Archie? The guy that caught the fish was my friends dad, Angel Relopez and he weighed it at Browns Market on Hy #55...and I remembered how much it weighed 9 pounds.

He had one mounted on his wall that was just as big, also taken on a Bass-o-reno. I'm not sure what the state record is, but in retrospect, I bet he had a couple of state records and never gave it a thought.

Congrats on the nice fish 52.

I have a couple of old oreno's that I inherited from my dad. Finally pulled them out of my tackle box to make room. May have to give it another try before I retire it.