• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

You know the old saying....

DTro

When life give you lemons, you make lemonade.

So has been the fishing for Flatheads lately for me. Instead of getting down on it, I've been taking what the river gods will give me.

In this case it's been Channels, lots of them, and nice ones too.

Last night was no exception with several nice fish caught. We experimented with some different bait combinations, including some manufactured "Food Source" baits. They seemed to prefer one in particular and I can't wait to try it again for the BP Cat League.

Here's a couple nicer ones of the night:

002-6.jpg

004-4.jpg

Darren - I just ordered some Food Source bait. Which one did you have the best results with? I ordered 1 package of each of the Big Cat Meal; the Catfish Bites; and the Cut Bait. With the local bait store closed I figured if I ever got in a bind for bait this could maybe save the day.

Sorry Steve, my post was not very clear. In addition to the Food source, we were trying other things as well. I had about 4 varieties of the Food Source and I only had a chance to try the "blood" bait. I think they are all the Cut Bait style. It did get hit, but we were trying all kinds of things.

There is an article in this past years In-Sider that gave some pretty good reviews of the Food Source.